friern school upper

• 6 months later...
Hi Janice,sorry I dont remember you but I do remember teachers,had Miss Young for french lessons which I enjoyed,also Miss Coates,my form teacher was Miss Flack,I loved sport and was in school netball team Brenda Baker was captain.Remember the red and white check dress and navy or red cardigan,my dress was only small check had to wear what we could afford.I remember my school beret think I washed it to make it small then pinned it on back of my head.Would love to find someone from schooldays heres hoping.I have lived in Australia for last 46 years,did notice the old school has been knocked down shame.Did say in a message before will post school photo have to sort it out.By the way hope your book sells well.

• 3 months later...

Hi Carol,

My name is Rosemary Campbell, used to be Rosemary Cole and was employed briefly at Friern Girls' around 1971-73. I was friendly with another teacher, Mrs Paula Clements with whom I lost touch after returning to Australia in 1975. I am hoping that someone seeing this forum might just possibly know how I might be able to contact her. She was a good friend and it would be great to be able to find her once again.

Hi Rosemary,

I wish I could help, but I don't really have a clue!

I know her sons name was Mark Clements, so even if she had remarried, you may be able to find him, perhaps on aa social networking site such as facebook or twitter?

I have Sidcup/Orpington Kent in my mind, but have no reason for thinking this as far as I am aware!

Sorry I can't be of more assistance, but do let me know if you are successful. I also will keep an eye out just in case the name pops up

Happy searching! :-)

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Patricia Evans. Friern 1970-1976; Miss Higgins was captain of the England Netball team and Head of the Lower School opposite Peckham Rye. Favourite teachers were Mrs Salmon (who brought Julius Caesar & Keats alive) and Miss Bloom for contemporary dance. The victorian building was always foreboding on a grey wet day - it had to go. Recall the red jumpers, until the 6th form when it was beige & brown which was never my colour - preferred the red. What ever happened to Sandra Chivers whom i bumped into one day in East Lane market, but then lost the contact details? If anyone knows where Sandra Chivers is - do advise? I used to call for Sandra on our way to school - she lived off Rye Lane, and I baked victoria sponges for her visit to my home. I still live in London. But the other side of the pond nowadays. I remind us girls of the song we girls used to sing: "We are the Friern Girls. We wear our hair in curls. We wear our skirts up high. We never smoke or drink" That's what Miss Pringle thinks. We are the Friern Girls!!"

• 2 years later...

I went to friern along with all my female siblings , our given name is Walsh but my date of attendance were 1964/68,

Our head was Vida Thomson, then Pringle, mrs Salmon miss Vine both English teachers , miss Coin , maths mr Cyphus , music , mr Webb science , miss Abbey , domestic science, , did know Sutherland , but never really had dealings with her , but my mum did in later years with my other sisters athletics on the Rye , cross country on the Rye , tennis / netball courts next to school , and an annexe ,and domestic science block there as well , if any on here ,are called bennet ,bailey heritage , the old gang , I'd like to hear from you all

• 1 year later...