Decent Car Boot Sales?

Remember how absolutely amazing the Alleyns School Car Boot Sale was? Fab quality goods, loads of pitches, masses of stuff. I used to clothe my entire family out there. It was particularly brilliant for kids toys. It was twice a year if I remember correctly. Does anyone know why this came to an end? Does anyone out there know of another quality boot sale close to Dulwich? Would anyone be interested in perhaps starting one up? I wonder if Dulwich College might be interested in having their turf driven on and temporarily turned into a mire for the benefit of the local community?

Alleyn's used to have an absolutely brilliant jumble sale before the car boot sale. Happened for years until someone invented the car boot thingy.

I don't know why it stopped, other than it was felt too be too downmarket for the school's current image. Yes I'm sure that was the reason. No doubt.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Having done boot sales since the 80's I am sorry to say they have had there day. Auction tv shows and ebay has ended the golden age and basically is very hard to make money and also what is for sale these days is not worth the trip. It is very hard to find good stuff now and what does surface will be met by a posey of dealers/collectors all fighitng over scarps.

As for Alleyns I think they made enough money to pay for a new hockey field etc... and don't need riff raff driving and walking over there nice ports flied.