A 34-year-old woman from Dulwich has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.

A body has been found inside a car on fire in a field in West Sussex.

Firefighters found the body in the boot of the Volkswagen Jetta, which was parked near Ifield Golf Club in Rusper Road, Ifield, on Friday afternoon.

Sussex Police said they were trying to identify the person and to determine the gender. The vehicle suffered extensive fire damage.

A 34-year-old woman from Dulwich, south-east London, has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder.

A post-mortem examination to determine the cause of death is due to take place later.

'Plumes of smoke'

Firefighters were called to the scene shortly after 14:00 GMT.

Local residents Rosemary and Paul Shackell said they were aware of the fire once they saw "thick black plumes of smoke" in the sky.

"You could hear either the tyres or the airbags going. There was another plume of smoke going up each time there was a bang," Mr Shackell said.

"You don't really expect this on your doorstep," he added.

Det Ch Insp Jason Taylor said officers were treating it as a murder investigation and were following several lines of inquiry.

He asked for anyone with any information about the car or who saw it being abandoned and set on fire to contact police.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-31886710

Why, Mr Tudor, was it funny? Someone has been murdered. I imagine that because the person arrested has not yet been charged, it's best, from a potential libel or contempt point of view, that there's no discussion on it as yet, which is why I didn't mind my thread being removed.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Dear Residents,  I would like to extend our heartfelt thanks to everyone who attended the recent Dulwich Hill Ward Panel meeting. It was wonderful to see so many of you engaged and actively contributing to the discussion. Your participation and willingness to share your thoughts and concerns are greatly appreciated. We are currently in the process of selecting a date for the next Ward Panel meeting, which will likely be held in December. We understand that this is a busy time of year with the holiday season approaching, so we will do our best to choose a date that accommodates as many attendees as possible. In the meantime, if you have any urgent matters or concerns please do not hesitate to contact emergency services by dialing 999. Thank you once again for your continued involvement and support. Best Regards, Safer Neighbourhood Team  Dulwich Hill 
    • I think you probably mean meditation rather than mediation, though I may be wrong 🤣 Ah! An opportunity to promote our Singarounds! Second Sunday of the month at The Ivy House in Stuart Road,  Nunhead, London's first community owned pub and a lovely friendly space with all ages. Check out the FAQ section of our website for lots more info (you don't have to sing, but if you do want to, anything goes - no restrictions at all) Https://www.thegooseisout.com Don't be put off by the fact that we are a "folk club" - our Singarounds are different every time, depending on who turns up, but there is usually a great mixture of genres, although often people do sing "folk" songs. It isn't an open mic - we don't use the stage, and we don't use mics. People mingle before it starts, at the breaks and at the end. You would soon get to know people. There are all ages, from very young (over 18 though after 8pm!) to very old  (over 80!), though the mix on any particular night again depends on who turns up. The 484 bus goes from Goose Green to the end of Stuart Road, or it's a nice walk through Peckham Rye park, at least  in the daylight hours!
    • Sounds like what Castleton posted above, but different to what I've got. Hope you all get better soon, it sounds horrible.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In