What East Dulwich needs?

All sounds very fishy.

Why would a company that didn't need money give away shares by IPO before their 'true' value had been realised?

Why would a confident and reliable US company launch themselves on the scarcely-regulated AIM market 5000 miles away instead of their own more regulated ones?

Why would amateurs in leafy south London have a better grasp of this company's potential than dedicated professional tech analysts?

All these questions...

I'll answer this one if I may Mr Admin.

It isn't possible to make a judgement on every posting as to whether it's taking the thread off topic. If it's totally unrelated or chatting between users it's frowned upon and action is taken. Generally long threads go off topic, and then back on topic, then wildly off topic then back op topic etc. When a thread goes off topic for a while (and after a while) then a call may be made to Lounge it or a warning is issued. I know irresponsible posters are warned privately every now and then for their behaviour and this isn't seen in the public domain. I know postings are removed every now and then and these aren't seen by the majority. As the forum's meant to be an informative and fun place, the call is made to pleasantly Lounge a thread rather than destroy it by removing the posts (that can be amusing and informative but not specific to East Dulwich).

Anyway, I still think ED needs something decent on the Goose Green roundabout, I know ?8,000 has been assigned to it and I see the flowers have now been removed. I feel something is coming soon...

Hugenot, just watch the xG share price over the next year or two. We will see. Obviously it is inevitable that any revolutionary technology is going to ellicit skepticism and doubt to begin with but the evidence is coming together to show that this is more than snake-oil. Bear in mind that companies listing on the AIM market of the LSE have to undergo considerable scrutiny and Due Diligence by their Nomad. Also be aware that both National Grid and Telefonica in Mexico (a leading UK utilities company and the Mexican branch of one of the world's largest telecoms companies) have taken xG seriously enough to have already signed exclusive territory agreements with the company. Can we perhaps assume that they have seen enough to engage their significant attention?

Do you see what I mean macroban? Having told people that the thread's off topic and maybe lounged, there's that last post. It's in discussion with the previous posts so shouldn't be removed, yet it going further off topic. Instead of it being removed and deleted I'm sure it'll be be slid over to the lounge soon, where the fact it moves to the top of the list when it's replied to won't get in the way of other General ED issues / gossip posts.

Sorry Mr Admin, thought I'd step in again as I know you're busy.

I heard from a local councillor that...(now this is what I think the councillor said so don't shoot me if I get a couple of details wrong!!!...)

A local resident applied for the money to do something about the roundabout and lamppost (spelling?). The resident applied under the council's Cleaner/Greener/Safer bids.

I think the money was awarded for a new lamppost, but then the person thought that maybe a tree would be better. Some think that the money should be used for the purpose it was awarded (lamppost), rather than the resident deciding to change it to a tree. Not sure what has happened since. Not sure if all the ?8000 is for the lamppost (how much do they cost??) or also for other things.

Apologies to that resident if I have got any details wrong. I think its great that someone has taken the initiative on this.

Mark

You are right, I think that next time Domitianus talks off subject then admin should lounge the thread. (6) I also think Piers is right,perhaps EDF needs a financial section too?Lord knows that there are enough city folk in ED.

Mark

I think you should have trustworthy operators on the forum to control misbehaving as does mr admin as Im sure mr admin cannot keep on top of it all the time. Maybe you should get the likes of piers on the case.

bawdy-nan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A lovely big Antony Gormley sculpture on the

> roundabout. A giant goose to rival the Angel of

> the North perhaps? The wildfow

> l of the SE22

Oooh that would be great! Or an Andy Goldworthy type stone arch perhaps?

Though would something too eye-catching mean I'm even *more* likely to be run over on the pedestrian crossings because drivers won't look in the direction they're going? (Yes I'm talking to YOU, silly man looking almost behind your car while travelling forwards yesterday, and YOU crazy woman who looked straight through me and caused me to yelp and leap out of the way as I crossed!)

As the one who started the thread my t'uppence worth is that if Mr Admin wants to lounge it then he should do so.

It was a very open ended title, not surprising it went off course. Me and my naive ways.

I would be happy to review the best ideas from this thread and start off some more focussed threads. There have been some very good ideas suggested, would be shame that they get sumberged in a sea of chatter.

And woe betide us if DM was to enforce discipline. Argos and Index testify that it's rather more tedious than one might expect.

AP

SimonM,

I agree. I have been looking for a newsagent to deliver on Sundays for the last few weeks since I moved from busy LL to Upland Road.

I am obviously very lazy but would love to get up and read the papers on Sunday, and Saturday too if the truth be known!

If anyone knows of one that will stretch all the way to Upland Road let me know!

Thanks,

Jen