What East Dulwich needs?

I'm not joking James.... Not a shop I'd use, but knitting does seem very trendy at the moment, so they'd probably get a good bit of business.... There's one in Sydenham which is always busy, but Mrs Keef says their stuff isn't very good...

Anyway, I was just reporting another idea :-$

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oops, my mistake. Anyway, record shop, record

> shop, record shop.

Who's the guy that sells CDs in North Cross Road market? Does he have a shop, or is it just a Saturday/spare time thing?

Louisiana

Yeah, agreed. A record shop would be fab. Roullier White have quite an interesting eclectic selection of CDs. Not pop/chart stuff though. Sainsburys do some too dont they? I havent figured out how to download stuff for free yet either....

A car park is a good idea, but where...?

And the guy that sells CD's on Northcross road doesn't have a shop. He sells CD's at s few markets, but no shop. Despite his stall not having a massive range, it does have a great selection of good music.

And it seems a suggestion of M+S crept in earlier in the thread. To this i'd say a big fat NO!

I think a car park is a terrible idea. I would suggest that all it would do would encourage even more cars into ED for shopping etc: build a 500 car car-park and 1000 cars will arrive. Roughly the same principle applies when motorways are given more lanes...

As for an M & S, I'd welcome a "Simply Food" branch if it took over the Somerfields...

Anyway I think what ED really needs is a newsagent who will deliver Sunday papers...>:D<

Interesting! I really thought noone did these days because the Sunday Papers are so heavy and huge. I suspect we are outside the catchment area though - we get papers deivered 6 days a weeks from the Wood Vale newsagents which seems to cover Underhill.

louisiana Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not a car park. A cycle park >:D<

I've just come back from Japan, where a lot of the stations have loads (ie hundreds) of lockable cycle racks, for just over one pound a day. It would be very handy to have the same thing here. Mind you... this being London, the racks (and bikes) would probably just get vandalised.

Ther lockers at ED station (under the bridge) are 75 quid per year (plus a 25 quid refundable padlock deposit). You can book them from [email protected] or phone on 01752 202116.

I reckon that's cheaper than a pound a day!

PS It's subsidised by the local council as a test, and they do a quick background check first (e.g. check your place of work).

Hurrah!

I use the solictors Willima Bailey near Mrs Robisons, they were great when we bought the freehold and are always happy to talk about any queries i have....fair to say though that i have used them for property related things.

I will declare an interest (because I work there) but there is always Glazer Delmar on Rye Lane a very short 12 or 37 bus ride from Lordship Lane or a brisk walk for the adventurous and energetic...and we support the forum with advertising!

casper - you are popping up in lots of threads "wondering" about the rumours you've heard about a new shop opening up which some "local nosey parker thinks is going to be a maternity shop" and "reckoning" we need a maternity shop. Your fingers wouldn't be inky from the fresh signing of a new commercial lease would they?

Why not just come clean and say you're opening a new shop if you are.

Your surreptitious marketing techniques are a bit transparent.

Or perhaps you are just extremely interested in maternity wear? You're certainly right that there are plenty of bumps about, but to my eye they're always very nicely turned out already...