Piplings nursery East Dulwich

Mum2015

Hello Mummies and Daddies,

My post is for those who are thinking of sending their child to Piplings Nursery. There are only good reviews on the internet and I would like you to make a fully informed decision before you choose. Despite being impressed with the nursery on a visiting day, my family was treated very badly by Piplings Nursery administration.

Here is my story.

My daughter attended the nursery?s preschool group for almost 4 months, from August to December. Keep in mind that 8 weeks is the notice period. I had to pay a full fee until they applied for the 15 hours government funding. After 6 weeks attending the nursery, I wrote an email to the adminis

tration asking if they had applied for the funding. I received no response, not even a short one acknowledging that they had received my email.

I chased them for 2 weeks by email and calls. In one of the emails, I wrote that I was angry with them and I was even considering to leave the nursery if they did not respond to my email. That did not work either. There was still no response.

After more chasing, I finally received an email saying that they still had not applied for the government 15 hour funding and I had to pay the full fee. I gave my 8 weeks? notice.

After a while, I contacted them again, asking how much I had to pay for December and if they had finally applied for the funding. After 2 weeks of chasing (again), they replied that they had applied for funding and they would let me know the amount.

According to my knowledge, they should have received around ?800 for the Autumn semester from the government and I had to pay ?600 for December. As I had already paid this amount over previous months, I should not have had to pay any more. However, they did not provide me with any information or bill.

I have left nursery and never saw my ?1400 deposit. My emails and calls were ignored. I was never provided with a bill explaining how much I had to pay them and how much they received, nor have I received any explanation as to why my deposit has not been returned.

2 weeks before the last day, I requested a 10 minute meeting to discuss my daughter. The teacher told me that there was no point in having the meeting because she was planning to have a 20 minute progress update meeting with me at the end of the year. I reminded her that we were leaving and flying to Lithuania, so would not be able to have the meeting in 2014 after the official reports were prepared. She told me that I could have it in 2015. Later, I was informed by email that the nursery refused to have the progress update meeting with me. In the same email, I was promised a written report about Yasmine Bouaziz. I still have not received the report, despite repeated requests since I left the nursery.

Now it is your choice to decide whether you would like your child to attend this nursery.

Best wishes and God Bless you.