Lyric game

flapjackdavey

I feel somewhat unworthy, since I've only got a couple of these and then only after someone else! But it's a great game, and we can't let it die (sob)! So here goes:

Get me on the boil and reduce me

To a simmering wreck with a slow kiss

To the back of my neck

Carve up my heart on a very low flame

Separate my feelings then pour them down the drain

That was meant to be a clue to the songwriter - I like the way she can address these topics with humour. Here are the next few lines, which with my smutty sense of humour I always chuckle at

Close my eyes and sweeten me with lies

Pierce my skin with a few well chosen words

Now you can stuff me with whatever you've got handy

And on a cold grey day a cold grey man will do

... and here's a large single malt, now pull yourself together, woman.

OK if we're going with *men are bastards* (and they are) then it's Kirsty McColl. Very funny lady, wrote some great songs, lovely hair, came to a premature bad end. Unfortunately, I never liked her voice so I don't have anything on my ipod I guess with. I'm out.

Yes, it's Kirsty! As you say, not very good singing voice - but I chose her cos I like the lyrics.

Still, if there are no fans on the Forum, should I withdraw my entry and hand over to someone else?

Not in the least Moos, Kirsty had the good sense to sing on the finest Christmas record ever made, I refer of course to Fairy Tale Of New York. A shrewd move on her part, because if you think her's isn't a great singing voice then who better to duet with than Shane MacGowan?

Altough that said I like Kirsty's voice, and for that matter Shane's. Let's call them vocalists. Good enough for me.

And Giggi it's your turn now.

Although I've just realised that Atila's one remains unanswered, perhaps it might be good form to ask him to reveal it to us as we admit defeat.

AR we've cudgeled our brains, Googled like the low cheating bastards we are (well I did and I've not done it before and nor will I ever do it again) so please put us out of our mystery and give us the song.

Thanks

I think I caused confusion when I hijacked the thread on Saturday morning - now it's chaos. I'm contrite of course, but what to do?

Atila is ignored and Moos is perplexed. A stewards' enquiry is called for *

* Hoochie, as in "Feck the stewards, a trip to Lourdes wouldn't give the fekkers the power of sight". Sorry - I couldn't help myself there.

Hee hee!

You've even got the right album!

"Then I met an Englishman - ohhhhhhhhhhh, he said.

Won't you walk up and down my spine

It makes me feel strangely alive

I said - in these shoes?

I doubt you'd survive...."

Have quite often made a tit of myself singing it to myself when plugged into the iPod.