Alan Dale Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>> > Wasn't David Cameron filmed on Windsor Walk

> just

> > the other day, on this very topic?

>

>

> Really? What was that on?

Middle of last week BBC London news did a story about the Tories wanting to claim back unoccupied housing. David Cameron was pictured next to some houses with blue hoarding in front which Dorothy (i.e.Mrs Smeeton) and I were sure was Windsor Walk. Is anyone able to confirm this sighting?

Huggers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hey ED Oldie, is it really true or just myth ,that

> the victoria line extends all the way to Herne

> Hill after the last stop in Brixton, in order to

> give trains garage/workshop space? In which case a

> link to the overland station has been a missed

> opportunity.

Sorry no idea. But the point is if you look st the tube map south londn is massively underserved by the tube. The old wives tale I was told was that there were too many underground rivers, difficult soil conditions, blah, blah, blah.

Well the truth is, as we all know, that those in norf london detest sarf londoners and want to restrict our access to the paradise they consider the other side of the river to be. Dare one mention the congestion charge? No politician so far (particulary one who lives in north london) has done anything to remedy this inequality. In transport terms we are simply second class subjects (sorry, citizens). I'm surprised we aren't made to sit in the back part on the number 12 when it crosses Westminster Bridge.

The tube spoils something, causes more transient populations, fills places up with day trippers etc...personally, the bits of north London I prefer tend to be those without tube....eg Stokie and Hackney......good for houseprices...but there's more to life than that surely?

I read on Wikipedia (if it's to be believed) that, "Initially it was planned to run this line via East Dulwich to Wimbledon" (as someone mentioned earlier), so why has this not been driven home by the Government (seeing as we now know from TJMP that they are the real power behind these decisions)?

If anyone needs better transport into central London (or onto the tube network) it's East Dulwich. This is where a major chunk of the workforce who pay the taxes for these initiatives seem to be based and yet where is the bang for the buck!?

I don't think this East London Line will have much impact for the majority of people in East Dulwich, i.e. SE22 postcode, as it'll take most people 20 minutes to get to Peckham door to door whether by foot or public transport. It's a nice add-on for some but hardly worth a fanfare, for me it seems to cover up a lack of real solutions for transport in East Dulwich.