East London Line Extension

TJMP

It is very good news though won't effect me hugely as I'll still get the train (what's left of them) to London Bridge.

I remember this being touted as immanet by the estate agent when I bought my flat over 4 years ago. Will make Peckham Rye more popular and for good reason. Those on the north side of ED and in Peckham Rye might even see a related increase in their property prices nearer the time (market conditions allowing etc etc...). Oh god, another house price debate...

Thanks for the update.

This is great news. Circumferential travel in London is notoriously bad. Increasing the transport options for South London in my mind can only be a good thing.

For example it seems that this extension will make life easier getting to various airports.

well done Tessa i love you ! and your party.....can you get the Nunhead Lane regeneration under way now as well....i think you have a mate who lives round the corner, come on ...just for me, and the kids, and all the oap's and in fact everyone who calls themselves a resident of the wonderful Nunhead !

Alan Dale Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Nice work TJ!

>

> Will every station have full wheel chair / bugaboo

> access as standard?

>

> Can you now look into sorting out Windsor Walk

> next to Denmark Hill station? Would be a shame to

> keep it derelict when we are about to get

> World-wide recognition.

>

> This might even highlight the grotesque waste of

> public money by our local NHS trust (Maudsley) who

> have presided over the giant derelict pigeon coop

> for years...

Wasn't David Cameron filmed on Windsor Walk just the other day, on this very topic?

TJ you've still scrapped the ELL extension through East Dulwich North Dulwich through to Wimbledon which was the sexy option (well as sexy as these things get), this would have been the best possible route for the area surely? Pretty pathetic and useless of you not to connect Dulwich proper to the tube network.

Have a look at extending the Bakerloo line to Camberwell (originally proposed in the 1930's) and then through to Denmark Hill, North Dulwich, Sydenham Hill and onto Norwood Junction (maybe beyond). Proper tubes in South London.

Will slowly make Peckham Rye more popular and for good reason. North ED and Peckham Rye will become the prime areas worth more than houses located below Whateley/Underhill Roads. Sure it will take a few years but when there are eventually signs of market recovery (not for debate on this thread!!) the e*tate agents will push this. There are some great houses in Peckham Rye within the same distance of Lordship Lane as most ED houses. These must cost up to 20% less the the equivalent in ED. If I was coming to the area say in a year or two I would definitely be looking in PR because of the ELL extension. Even if I wasn't going to be using it! (BTW I live in ED).

ED residents should be happy that their neighbours are getting the improved transport links - great for the whole ED/Peckham/Forest Hill area generally.

Hey ED Oldie, is it really true or just myth ,that the victoria line extends all the way to Herne Hill after the last stop in Brixton, in order to give trains garage/workshop space? In which case a link to the overland station has been a missed opportunity.

"... residents should be happy that their neighbours are getting the improved transport links - great for the whole ED/Peckham/Forest Hill area generally."

You forgot Nunhead ! we get the choice of the Brockley link (soon) the Queens Road Link or the Peckham Rye link, depending on which part of Nunhead you live......hey lets get this tram as well and maybe a light air strip !

The power of the Tube can't be denied.

I'm only in East Dulwich as an end-result of being priced out of Tooting on account of the Northern Line. Tooting ffs.

They will come.

They will live in Denmark Hill Village.

They will drink in The Bishop et al.

And don't forget Peckham Rye (aka Bellended Village).

It's not exactly the same as the Northern Line in Balham and Tooting though, is it? The Northern line actually goes directly to places you might actually want or need to get to. The East London Line does not.