Help with broken water pipe on empty lot / who to contact?

We have noticed that the empty lot on 85 Stuart Rd (nunhead) has a broken pipe (?) and water is gushing out.

We phoned Thames Water to report it but they said they csnnot get onto the land as it would be trespassing. I have emailed Southwark to report it, and tried to phone a number that may or not be the contractors number for the land.

Does anyone know who I could call and who would be responsible for this. it is a terrible waste of water and I am unsure of who to try and contact next to sort this out?

Any ideas or contact numbers appreciated.

Kidskriger will check and get back to you. I agree with you on the sheer wastage of water feeling criminal, and despite calls we cannot seem to get anyone interested to come and sort it out ASAP.

Twfsoll I know it is really odd, after two phone calls to Thames water, they have said that they will come out on Monday .... Which is about 48 hours of water running. I would have thought that a broken pipe would have allowed them access onto an open lot!

Mustard, thanks for suggestion I have sent renato a PM (although she might well be away over this period)

I have also sent southwark an email and will keep on pestering anyone that I can!

Mustard, I am waiting on Thames Water (third call to them!) to come and have a look, which they said would happen today. If they are not here (been leaking for 3 days now, and no sense of urgency despite repeated calls and emails) will try fire brigade! I can't believe how difficult it is to find someone who can help with this. The property is an open lot so I am not sure why Thames water is so worried about trespassing and would rather just let the water run for days on end. We have repeatedly left messages for who we think owns the land but no reply.

If you ever hit another such road block to common sense then do try your local councillors direct.

In this type of case we've met Thames Water managers and given contact details so we as councillors can escalate problems.

To find your local councillor - http://local.direct.gov.uk/LDGRedirect/index.jsp?LGSL=358&LGIL=8

or just for Southwark Council area - http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/mgFindMember.aspx?