Loud Music Therapia Road

Steve76

Hi, new to this but it has got me so annoyed I have to get it off my chest. Has anyone noticed the loud music being played all the time on therapia road and has anyone done anything about it? I don't think it's loud enough to take it to the council but other than that I am not sure what can be done. It's early in the morning, throughout the day, late at night and worst of all; mostly terrible. I feel better for this. But any suggestions about what to do or if anyone has complained already would be good to know.

• 2 weeks later...
It's still happening, i walk past on a regular basis. He has mental health issues and has apparently taken in a lodger who has the same issues and she is living in that front room. I'd avoid approaching him as he is unstable and has be known to be violent. Call the council & report it to the noise team

Something similar happened in my road quite a long time ago. It was not just very loud music at all hours (including 4am on Christmas Eve, when the Southwark noise team were off duty) but also loud shouting and swearing, with the windows wide open in all weathers.

My then next door neighbour had young children and was worried that their first words were going to be swear words :(

The man was also apparently known to be potentially violent, and consequently nobody wanted to approach him directly.

In that case, they were tenants of a housing association, and initially despite approaches from several neighbours including me, the housing association passed it from pillar to post and didn't want to know.

In the end one of my then neighbours wrote to the Chief Executive and it was sorted.

I can't remember exactly but I think the housing association had a clause in tenants' leases that they were not to cause a disturbance or something.

Also, the tenants had not been taking their medication, which was the main issue, and that was sorted too though I presume not directly by the housing association.

Once there had been intervention, everything quietened down and the tenants continued to live there.

However if this guy owns the flat it would be a lot harder to sort I guess than if he is a tenant and the landlord can be approached. Not sure how you would find out.

If you involve Southwark Noise Control, they will probably ask you to keep a diary of times and noise volume, so it might be a good idea to start that now anyway, if you haven't already done so. They will only act if you can actually hear the music loudly in your house, not if it's only heard in the street.

Good luck.

If he has mental health issues, he will be on a radar somewhere. You could find out if the property is owned and who by through the Land registry. I think this is something that the Police can help with too. They will visit properties causing a noise disturbance in anti-social hours.

And Sue's advice is good too. Yes the process is drawn out with noise abuse and Southwark, but they have to have evidence before they can act.