SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> And the owner is an asian guy who used to run the

> costcutters opposite the Library by the Plough -

> really nice guy. I suspect slightly older than his

> youthful looks. I think he used to post on here

> too..

I think this man has just asked my mate out on a date.

Nice friendly bloke in there.. sells booze.. what more do you want?

If someone offered to lend you their car, and it turned out to be a tricycle, it would not be knocking the concept of tricycles, or cars, or debating which is better, to state that you had been misled...

I think you're over-interpreting the difference between 'wine'/'organic wine' and 'a car'/'a bicycle' there.

If he stocks more than one bottle of organic wine, then he's perfectly entitled to put 'organic wines' on his sign.

I think the sign is a mistake: personally every time I see the word 'organic' it makes me want to blow chunks.

'Bossman' is a better name:

'Darlin'? We're aaht o laaa-gur. Betta gertcha daahn Bossman'

'Darlink? We've polished of all the suphite-free. Would you run the Bugaboo down to Bossman Organic?'

There can't be anyone left alive who doesn't know that Bossman is just an off licence with a small selection of organic wines (*bleugh*) - with 'organic' inserted into the title as a barefaced attempt to cash in on the capacity of SE22 to suck-up anything with 'organic' inserted into it's name.

Get over it! Who cares!

*Bob* Wrote:

> There can't be anyone left alive who doesn't know

> that Bossman is just an off licence with a small

> selection of organic wines (*bleugh*) - with

> 'organic' inserted into the title as a barefaced

> attempt to cash in on the capacity of SE22 to

> suck-up anything with 'organic' inserted into it's

> name.

>

> Get over it! Who cares!

Funnily enough, that's all I'm trying to say!

I don't specifically need/want/have any possible use for an organic offi, and I don't think bossman is a bad offi, but I don't like things claiming to be something they are not. It feels deceitful somehow, however transparent the deceit.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to "care" about where you shop or why you choose to shop there. I sort of assumed that was the point of this thread, and loads of near-identical ones, here on the discerning-consumer-forum ;-)

Essentially, though, I think we seem to agree on the main point. You're just more articulate than me!

I must admit I've always avoided going into this shop purely because I hated the name.

So I was very pleasantly surprised last night (nearest offie to the Dream Machine :)) )to see their wide range of bottled ale.

Still ended up with the six for a fiver Stella as usual, though :)) - glad to find somewhere nearer than the Greek deli :))

Huguenot Wrote:

> Jezza me ol' china, I think Honk intended to be

> positively unpleasant with that comment.

>

> 'Tis only your better side that interpreted that

> as a genuine bon mot.

Oh no, I know it was meant in an unpleasant way. I meant that I'm starting to find honk's obnoxiousness quite entertaining.