le chardon hater

cait

'Get out of my restaurant' she shouted like a banshee, infront of a packed resataurant. Yes the infamous lady at the Chardon!Before we knew it we were out on the street, in a state of shock on my birthday. My tears were welling up as she screamed blue murder at us for returning a plate of pink, cold, inedible duck for the second time. We weren't troublesome,just two people trying to have a celebratory meal. The next day I spoke to the owner and he was mortified, offered us a bottle of champagne free if we were go to their clapham restaurant, nice gesture but not likely. I have to laugh but my sweet generous partner was mortified. What a depressing birthday experience.Why is this women running a restaurant.... its anybodies guess.Before she had her scene we heard a member of staff muterring'f**k this'under their breath. Lord knows whats shes like to her her staff. The owner was sweet if somewhat defeated and said that it wasn't the first time he'd received complaints about her.All i can do is urge anyone not to go, the few bites i had was pretty rubbish. Would love to hear of restaurant nightmares at Le Chardon,there seems to be a few.If not there where else are they on the edge of a nervous breakdown?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Justice must be done yes but it also must be seen to be done and in this case it hasn’t been
    • It's a long shot but if anyone finds a wallet with a provisional driver's licence, a bank card, 2 x Zip cards and cash in it please let me know. Lost today either on the 185 bus (boarded at County Grove around 9.45am today and Zip card used, and got off at Goose Green) or on Lordship Lane between the Goose Green bus stop (towards Lewisham), crossed at the crossing opposite the Co-op, and the destination was the Neighbourhood Vet. The vets have done a thorough search, and I've left my details with several of the shops and the post office on Lordship Lane, as well as contacting Camberwell Bus Garage and checking various 185s on their way back from Lewisham. Everyone's been very helpful but it hasn't turned up as yet - it may well have been stolen of course. Cards etc are in the name of Jose/ Gabriel - thank you.
    • How can you say that if you are not party to the contractual arrangements between the school and Krys.?
    • It just seems like a school that wants to invest in the local community would support long established club that is helping multiple generations, rather than close it in order to start something new. Looking at the approaches of different headteachers, research does show you can see trends or styles of headship. Maybe current head isn't looking to get recognised for the long term community investment. Which isn't necessarily surprising given what sort of headteacher gets recognition by current system. This is a shame for the local people, but this may not be something that will affect the head/school leadership. 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In