What are the chances of my Ocado delivery arriving today?

zephyr Wrote:

Sometimes

> however Ocado has been up to ?8 more expensive (on

> a ?120 shop)

My wife did a shop tonight online and checked it on MYSUPERMARKET which pricechecks the same items across Ocado/Tesco/Sainsbury/asda. The total price was as follows:

Ocado ?126

Tesco ?109

Asda ?108

Sainsbury ?100

I have always believed Ocado were significantly more expensive so it might be worth doing this check on your weekly shop and seeing if these results are borne out.

Its only some items that are tesco price checked - probably a merketing ploy as they know they are more expensive and want to divert criticism on price.

Having said that their product quality and customer service is second to none and some would think worth paying the extra for.

Just apropos of the price comparison - a 400g tin of organic (of course) plum toms is 75p in Sainsbury's and 62p from Ocado. And on top of that the ones from Sainsbury's are more watery. I spend less on the weekly shop now I use Ocado that when I shopped at Sainsbo.

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> zephyr Wrote:

>

> Sometimes

> > however Ocado has been up to ?8 more expensive

> (on

> > a ?120 shop)

>

>

> My wife did a shop tonight online and checked it

> on MYSUPERMARKET which pricechecks the same items

> across Ocado/Tesco/Sainsbury/asda. The total price

> was as follows:

> Ocado ?126

> Tesco ?109

> Asda ?108

> Sainsbury ?100

>

> I have always believed Ocado were significantly

> more expensive so it might be worth doing this

> check on your weekly shop and seeing if these

> results are borne out.

> Its only some items that are tesco price checked -

> probably a merketing ploy as they know they are

> more expensive and want to divert criticism on

> price.

> Having said that their product quality and

> customer service is second to none and some would

> think worth paying the extra for.

They have a cheery crew of delivery people who are always well informed etc.

They always call my mobile to say when they are arriving

They never muck me around over delivery times

They hardly ever substitute

They stock stuff that I love and that other people don't have (e.g. Waitrose luxury lemon curd - the best!)

They never quibble about any - very rare - returns (twice in three years?)

They have always - since day one - been improving their service

And finally, I never have to *worry* about the delivery (and I have far too many other things too worry about). It's like wash n' go, but for food.

If I have to pay a few quid extra for that, I really don't mind. Paying five or ten quid less to get a whole bag of hassle and grief that will make me run around in circles for hours (I don't have the time!) is really not worth it. Sometimes a bargain is really not a bargain: it's another way of saying 'you do our work for us'.