New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

Message added by Administrator,

Due to this topic being excessively long, a new 2024 "New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham" has been opened here. Please continue the discussion there.

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/11/2023 at 13:19, Earl Aelfheah said:

This will be very popular I imagine. Surprised there hasn't been a bubble tea place open up before now tbh.

yes I've been surprised there isn't one.   The closest is Camberwell or Herne Hill.  Its one of the things where the margins would be likely to be enough for E Dulwich and could also fit into a small store.  Hopefully it will be good. 

• Like 1

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

What on earth is a "Georgian" wine shop and how is it different to any other wine shop ? 🤔 

Wines from Georgia (the country) I believe. And maybe some other delicacies. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 24/11/2023 at 20:54, Spartacus said:

Phew 

I was thinking, I know Peckham is moving up the gentrification league but wines that are nearly 200 years old would be ruddy expensive 🤔 

Georgian wines are crazy cheap. At least in Georgia they are, and very tasty. You would expect nothing more from the first wine makers.

Exciting times in West Dulwich: a new branch of St Christopher's charity shop has opened up at 2 Croxted Rd (the old Topps Tiles shop on the corner).

Just opposite, at 84 Park Hall Rd, is Churchills Wine Bar and Kitchen. It looks very cosy, busy and clean. Seems to be a short menu (which is a good thing- too long and it just means everything is frozen), and a special Sunday roast offering.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Earl Aelfheah said:

Very close to Leyland as well.

I suppose very convenient for all the builders working round here, but what happens when every house has had its  loft extension and side return extension kitchen?

Just a never ending round of redecorating?

Big fan of ScrewFix, but not on Lordship lane. Hopefully planning will prevent the large white and blue signage / billboards. Also, tradesmen parking will be a challenge - their business will not be reliant on walk ins

Maybe they could call it ‘ScrewFix on the Lordship’ for it to be more inkeeping 🤔

• Like 2