New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

Message added by Administrator,

Due to this topic being excessively long, a new 2024 "New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham" has been opened here. Please continue the discussion there.

A base for their deliveries it would appear (they don't have restaurants.) Cue lots more learners riding mopeds on the pavement.

KestonKid Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh lor - not another pizza joint?

Moved to SE23 from E2 and great to see small high streets like Bellenden road and surrounding area flourishing with independant businesses. There are already so many cafes, restaurants and pubs?.is there a real need for 2 cycle shops? There are not so many creative, interior, craft, gifts, accessories and clothing shops...currently feeling shopping in Central London is over-whelming, polluting and too far away/involves a train journey! With more and more people working from home, local community shopping is rising up, so would like to hear what other residents feel is missing, what would you like to see, would use, and would service a genuine need!

• 2 weeks later...

Foxy has been on the prowl..

The shop next to Sweaty Betty will be called Really Maria as Sue mentioned earlier in another thread..

Don't know opening date..

Meat Liquor is due to open in six weeks time ?

The new restaurant replacing Veer Zara is completed ? awaiting sign (being made today)

It is to be called Xoco Bar & Grill and is planned to open in 2-3 weeks..

Foxy

LondonMix Wrote:

> People who like crafting. Do you have zero time

> for any hobbies? Is it just work, family, sleep?

Well... I do occasionally have spare time, but usually in the evenings. And knitting/crochet (or whatever they're going to do) don't really strike me as evening activities! I guess I'm just not sure who it's aimed at.

Knitting and crochet (and the odd glass of wine, and TV) are how I (and many others, I'm sure) fill in my evenings. Three kids, can't afford a babysitter every night.

I wish them luck. It was only a couple of years ago that a similar shop (where the Mary Portas shop is now) closed down. Realistically, any serious crafters go online for yarn/fabrics etc, as they're cheaper. Classes could do well though.

I think crafting is having a moment. Don't know about round here though.

Isn't Stag and Bow (I think that's the name) in Forest Hill a craft shop which runs classes in sewing etc? That's been going a while now.

So John The Unicorn has a new upstairs restaurant. It's not really pub grub... think modern "small plates" type stuff. Really very, very good. Food not a million miles away from somewhere like Pedler... I might even prefer it.

Jeremy Wrote:

> So John The Unicorn has a new upstairs restaurant.

> It's not really pub grub... think modern "small

> plates" type stuff. Really very, very good. Food

> not a million miles away from somewhere like

> Pedler... I might even prefer it.

What sort of prices?