New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

Message added by Administrator,

Due to this topic being excessively long, a new 2024 "New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham" has been opened here. Please continue the discussion there.

Potager - the one mentioned in the above post - looks like it should be completely finished soon and is a welcome addition.

It is a pity that the cafe near to it doesn't do anything to clean up its vandalised front. I think Renata Hamvas has told the owners about the council's free graffiti removal service, so it is strange that it should be left like that.

Wonder what the boarded up ex-dentist's between the two will be?

Baggs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Westfield open soon? If you think 2020 is soon,

> then you might be right! It looks like BoxPark,

> where I think MeatLiquor may be opening a branch,

> is going to be opening September at the earliest -

> so if they are focussing on that first, expect a

> long wait.

The MeatLiquor will be located in the new Boxpark next to East croydon station (ruskin square). Boxpark croydon is due to open in 2016- it was anticipated for summer 2016...

Looks like the idea behind "Spinach" is veg-centric dishes, a la Grain Store.

Also those of you who use Deliveroo will have noticed two new options... "Tommi's Burger Joint" and "Yoobi", both from the same address on Melbourne Grove (maybe the old 'Scoop' ice cream shop?)

I don't think they are physical shops-- tried to go to Yoobi for sushi last Sunday and the address is actually the deliveroo depot. I think they may be bringing it in from central London as there is Yoobi in Soho. I'm not sure where Tommi's is...

Re: Yoobi and Tommi Burger on Deliveroo...

It would appear that Deliveroo themselves are taking on commercial properties and building out kitchens (i.e. the space they have off Melbourne Grove).

They are then subleasing these to restaurants they have on their books to test the water in areas they can't service.

I think the main reason is that in order to expand to new postcodes Deliveroo needs a volume of restaurants to make it worthwhile. If they are struggling to get sign ups from restaurants, SE27 being an example, then they will try this approach.

In the case of SE22 I think they believe that they need more restaurants to give customers more choice and more reason to keep coming back to the service.

http://techcrunch.com/2016/04/28/soul-kitchen/

http://postandparcel.info/72695/news/deliveroo-unveils-roobox/

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yep, the new Melange site is on Maxted Rd, but I

> think 'gebbjane' was wondering what was happening

> with the old site...

Ok.. Just that there was ladder up outside the new site.. Maybe just giving the sign a bit of spruce up..

..for the pictures..

Foxy.