New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

Message added by Administrator,

Due to this topic being excessively long, a new 2024 "New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham" has been opened here. Please continue the discussion there.

Catalyst, DF, have either of you actually tried the new Boa place?

Its quite good and if either of you haven't its really not fair to slag off a new local business on that basis. Its incredibly hard and very risky to start a new venture (as DF actually knows).

Asking whether DulwichFox has tried Mr Bao is like asking whether I've bought the new Michael Buble album. It ain't going to happen - but we're still going to let you know our opinion.

Besides, who wants to try something new, when you could have a granary roll. With a nice bit of corned beef.

LondonMix Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Catalyst, DF, have either of you actually tried

> the new Boa place?

>

> Its quite good and if either of you haven't its

> really not fair to slag off a new local business

> on that basis. Its incredibly hard and very risky

> to start a new venture (as DF actually knows).

No.. I went passed at midday one day last week but they were not open at the time and no sign of life..

There was a box of the said White Bread Baps (as featured on web-site) on the floor..

.. and there were only 4 options of fillings on the menu in the window...

.. so I was showing genuine interest.

It's not a case of having tried it. I do not eat White Bread Baps..

.. and just do not get the Taiwanese connection

pork-bao-at-mr-bao.jpg?w=610&h=456

So... I did not slag anyone off.. You are the only one slagging someone off.

DulwichFox

DF- they aren't white bread baps. I've actually eaten there and they are nothing like that. Again, be a decent human being and stop misrepresenting what this shop is selling and suggesting a place you've never eaten at is substandard in some way.

I know this is a game to you but you are messing with someone's livelihood who is putting their neck out trying to do something new.

sheff Wrote:

> icicle Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Just returned from Sweaty Betty in Clapham. The

> > word is they're opening up very near to

> Question

> > Air this year.

>

> I think you may be right...

>

> http://www.sweatybetty.com/mobile/boutique-assista

> nt/

They don't pay the London Living Wage. Sad.

Chief Wrote:

> Does anyone know what type of shop "Mac & Miller"

> on North Cross Road is going to be? Thanks.

Where abouts on NCR is that?

Where the pet shop was??

I got there later yesterday just as they were reopening after a problem with the oven, which is why they were shut when you tried to go in. Normally open from one. Had a very good burrito, will be back!

Sazzle30 Wrote:

> Tried to go to cravings today for lunch at 1.30pm

> but they were shut :-( 'settled' for Miss Tapas

> :-)

Sorry to get off the Mexican/Latin American subject, but anyone know what's going on with Cafe Noodle, on LL next to Franklin's? It seems to be getting progressively shabbier, and closing for more and more extended periods. And why is the Haus of Wood refurb taking forever when people seem to be able to get roof extensions done in a week 'round 'ere?

I think Cafe Noodle may be on it's way out.. It has been closing at 10.30pm for a good while now.. but sometimes earlier.

The lady there is very nice.. I spoke to her about the shop some time back.. Can't for the life of me remember what is

going on there. I think it is another rent issue...

... Mr Liu is closed/closing soon for a short while for a refit...

DulwichFox

Potager (on the corner of FHR and Dunstan's) is coming along: there are workmen in there often and what looks like a counter is in place.

The old laundry (sounds like a posh restaurant) is meant to be something foodie, according to one of the workmen I asked several months ago.

Catalyst, DF, have either of you actually tried the new Boa place? Its quite good and if either of you haven't its really not fair to slag off a new local business on that basis. It's incredibly hard and very risky to start a new venture (as DF actually knows)

Yes I've been twice.I don't see how saying I'm not that into the latest street food trend being repackaged as a semi-formal dining concept is slagging off a business. I'll just keep going to their tapas place instead which I happen do like.