> PLEASE PLEASE no sports - there are plenty of

> other pubs in ED, please keep the Magnolia

> sport-free

>

> There really isn't though. The CPT is a useless

> space for watching sport, which just leaves the

> Vale and the EDT. We promise to leave before 7

> o'clock, honest.

Go to Hoopers, CPT, EDT or the Vale or watch it at home.

Gerrard Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In my humble opinion, the Magnolia is by far the

> best place to go for a Sunday roast locally. I

> have often been left disappointed and spent a long

> time avoiding pubs for a roast because the quality

> can often be lacking, portions are small, or I can

> simply make a much better meal at home. This is

> not the case with the Magnolia, the quality is

> excellent, portions are huge and the service is

> very attentive and friendly. It has quickly become

> my favourite pub on Lordship Lane.

How much do they charge for a roast? I'm hoping to find somewhere a bit more reasonable than Franklins for next time my parents visit - despite me paying (or probably because I was paying) my dad looked shocked by the prices in Franklins - and to be fair I've eaten better for less money too.

I think it was ?11.95, but that was for about half a plate of roast lamb, loads of roast potatoes, loads of delicious red cabbage (I don't usually like red cabbage but this changed my mind!), gravy - we thought that was it, then the waitress brough a huge dish of carrots and peas, both properly cooked ie not overcooked.

Neither of us could finish it, and we're both hearty eaters :))

I'm standing by my earlier statement: its a girls pub, or a pub for blokes visiting with girls. When I am out with my wife I spend a lot less than when I am out with my mates, so I think unless Magnolia can attract the guys on thurs thru Saturday, they won't make as much money as they otherwise would.

I have been there on a Saturday night for a few drinks with my wife and I'd say it was a relaxing, but not exciting environment, very quiet lots of girls quietly drinking, and from a business perspective, not spending much money as far as I can see.

I think the old Magdela would make in one 6 nations afternoon what the new mag makes in a week. Unfortunatley.

Nevertheless I'm glad lots of people like it as its obviously not as bad/quiet as it seems to me.