Water Pressure

Rockets

Has anyone noticed a drop in mains water pressure over the Christmas period? Both mine and my neighbour's boilers are on the blink due to the falling mains pressure. Spoke to my plumber who says he has been inundated with calls over the last few days from people in the ED area with the same problem.

Water pressure in se22 on a "low" has gone for few years now especially in the early morning hours between 6am-10am.

It also often stinks of chemical...and it is not chlorine as the waterboard wants you to believe.

Final Solution is to import your monthly container of Voss from Norway :))

We've had large quantities of water gushing down LL for some weeks (three months?) now. Today/yesterday it's gushing from outside Red Apple (opposite library). Before Xmas for weeks from Dustans Rd junction, and from Mount Adon Park junction. They dig another deep hole, some more water gushes out somewhere else. Some weeks have been lakes across half of LL, with cones to stop cars driving in. Today there's a real river ouside Red Apple.

It probably makes sense these days for most people to have a minimum amount of water stored for emergency use: 1 gallon per day per person. I've lost the water too many times over the last few years (with no warning, for entire days) not to do otherwise (and now I have a combi-condensing boiler and no hot water tank, all the more reason).

Huguenot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Can't be the South London Ring Main, hasn't even

> been dug yet ;-)

The actual ring main is already dug (has been for a few years). What is being dug now is a branch to the reservoir.

unlikely to be anything to do with that.

Pressure in Nunhead is a little down today.

The gushing continues on LL, from junctions with Dunstans to Mout Adon Park.

The bus stop has been closed on and off for two weeks.

The fire brigade has been various times to sort out the bus stop.

My painter nearly killed himself getting off the bus (when it was gushing into the ice-rink when very cold a few days back)

Morrison have been out there with pneumatic drills most nights (why does the drilling always start at 9.50pm? - like last night) since I got back from Italy (2 Jan), and some of the original holes from October and November and December have now been re-dug at least three times, but it's made no discernable difference: the amount of fresh water is gushing down the various drains along LL on this stretch. It was even flowing uphill on MAP (steep hill!) on a couple of days. (Also coming up under the pavement on LL.)

I fail to see how this has got anything to do with the 'cold spell'. The whole thing has been happening for around 10+ weeks now, with no sign of improvement.

I figure the water could go off at any time, so best to have some stored (especially if you have a combi-condensing boiler without a hot water tank).

louisiana Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dulwich Lakeside (aka the bottom of Mount Adon

> Park) update: currently around twenty feet wide

> lake across the entire width of the road at

> junction with LL.

I reported this earlier today. Thames Water have this showing on their system as repaired on Friday evening, so something has obviously gone wrong again over the weekend. The more reports that Thames Water get, the more urgently they tend to respond, so it would be good if others could also ring it in.