I wish I......

Salsaboy

Get back on that train... just for one day... and do what has to be done.

Strike up a pleasant conversation - think of 3 or 4 possible subjects in advance which are fairly natrual, trivial and non-creepy. Don't stare at anything you're not supposed to stare at, or introduce yourself as 'salsaboy'. Slip her a business card - no public humiliation that way if she's not interested.

Never getting a call back is still 10 times better than kicking yourself for doing nothing.

yansavx Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> risk and reward

> embarrassment never killed anyone

> do a simple cost benefit analysis

> and you'll find you were very silly for keeping

> quiet.

And they say romance is dead

Another possibility is that Salsaboy has now spoken to her and got her phone number (or the spark of love went out the instant she opened her mouth - been there myself, goodness knows) but either way doesn't fancy sharing it with an audience.

If this is the case, I apologise for my own helpful advice, which clearly never worked for me either.

Salsaboy Wrote:

> She wasn't reading Metro so no point in doing

> that. Just have to put it down to experience.

Really? Grow a pair and get the train for a day. You haven't even got the excuse of seeing the same people again any more.

Say hello.

Having said that if you're not prepared to risk a few seconds of potential embarrassment then sounds like she's not worth it to you so crack on and don't waste everyone's time again ;-)

It's gone too far now. Let it go.

Then you'll always have a wonderful "what might have been" fantasy to look back on instead of living in a "Why did i ever say 'hello'...?" reality when she turns out to have feet of clay.

aquarius moon Wrote:

> So wait til your day off, alight train at same

> stop, follow from a distance......

>

> And bingo! You know where she works.

>

> You're then a step further. Just come back here

> for further advice.

>

> Good luck x

Isn't that stalking. ??

Does not sound like a good idea to me.

FFS, women have enough problems feeling safe without

being followed to their place of work.

Have you lost your mind suggesting such a thing.

DulwichFox

• 1 month later...
The same thing has happened to me over the last few years - I.e someone giving me a lovely smile or tried to make small talk, but I've just clammed up or looked away. So stupid and I berate myself afterwards, but it's embarrassment I guess....