Greeting card shop to open on Northcross Rd

karter

This new shop will open in the old Never Ending Story Book Shop , apologies if it has been mentioned already. I wish them well in this climate. A new juice bar and card shop to open on this road. That is great, whilst many other shops (and estate agents) are closing down. I wish this new shop well.

They are claiming to be the best card shop in London. Will they make it to open for xmas though? Hope so

Let's hope they're not liars like that 'Never Ending Story' lot.

When they did end I contacted the local trading standards department to complain.

I was reasonable I thought, inasmuch as my complaint against them was that if they had at least kept trading until I died then I would have been reasonably satisfied, but to cease trading under the 'Never Ending' banner while I was still over ground was an insult to my sense of fair play.

But of course petty beauracracy shunned my common sense, and I was told they could not support my complaint. Even to the point of one of the young pups I was dealing with telling me I was taking things too literally. I instantly parried that with a play on the word 'literary', but he told me that his supervisor was calling him. I riposted with 'What, time for your breastfeed, is it?' But he'd already gone.

Anyway, good luck to the new people and their venture, but if you call it anything with 'eternity' or 'forever' in the title, then I fear you will not have my tradeb. As Ian Hunter sings "Once bitten twice shy".

But that's another story.

Good luck to the new greetings shop and ditto about it opening in this climate !? Also looking forward to the new juice bar on NCR so the poor people who are always making the fresh OJ outside don't have to freeze during the winter months (or the summer months, for that matter).

Good luck to them, I hope they can make a success of it, as it's such a shame to see empty shops.

I too am a huge fan of Greetings. Such friendly people, they remember my name, ask after my sister (who they met once when she came into the shop with me) and are always brilliant at keeping my toddler happy while I browse for cards.

I have just moved to East Dulwich from Balham, where Postmark has it's other shop. It is a lovely little shop that won an award ths year at the national greeting card awards! ( No, I didn't know they existed either!! )

Not sure what the queues are like at the post office on Lordship lane but if they are anything like they were in Balham, you'll love Postmark's in house posting service. They'll send letters and small parcels worldwide for no charge.

I wish them luck in ED and am glad they have decided to follow me, I didn't realise I was that good a customer!

Karter, come you near, nay don't fear. I hear tell of quills, but such quills as a man would not see in an hundred-league.

Quills that requireth not dipping, quills that a man can carry about his person and scribe without need of ink stand.

Imagine, a quill that needs no dipping.

Some say that there must be witches involved.

Some say warlocks.

But I say, honest a quill that needs no dipping.