Anti social behaviour (a man urinating)

rahrahrah Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There are two issues here, a man peeing in the street... Fairly unpleasant, but also fairly

> commonplace. Then there is a report of a man facing down a woman in the street whilst waving

> his dick at her. The latter action is completely unacceptable and a serious matter IMO.

There are three issues: the third being a woman taking a photo of a male stranger in a state of undress.

PokerTime Wrote:

> The key thing there though is that you say 'If I

> can't find a toilet'. Many people (mostly men) who

> pee in public places don't make any effort to find

> a toilet. I've lost count of the number of times

> I've come out of a pub only to see a guy peeing up

> the walls metres away (and usually having come out

> of the same pub). It's complete fantasy to think

> that most of the men peeing on street corners are

> unable to find a toilet in time. They just don't

> think they need to.

Or, they are just too drunk to try to find one. I have heard of drunk men peeing up a flight of stairs, in corners of bedrooms and inside a chest of drawers, when the toilet was feet away. The last one was something I witnessed myself. And, apparently, they do not even remember doing it.

Its in the hands of the police now who were helpful and supportive. They are keen to do what they can to reduce this type of unnecessary nuisance behaviour and there is a good chance they can identify him so perhaps a shot across the boughs will do the trick. On a lighter note here's what happens in Mumbai:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/india-water-cannon-video-men-3512353

Don't know if I read the OP wrong but to me the most offensive part is that he apparently chose to pee on a piece of street art.

Peeing openly in the street is unarguably antisocial. I accept there are mitigating circumstances sometimes but it's certainly not acceptable social behaviour or people would do it totally openly, wouldn't they. If a man walked up to the entrance of Sainsbury's on a Saturday morning and casually peed against the glass he'd be arrested before he'd zipped his trousers up. It seems that as long as a man makes a half-hearted attempt to conceal what he's doing then some people think it's OK, which is a bit strange when you think about it.

cella Wrote:

> Its in the hands of the police now who were helpful and supportive. They are keen to do what

> they can to reduce this type of unnecessary nuisance behaviour and there is a good chance they

> can identify him so perhaps a shot across the boughs will do the trick.

You'll be less happy if they do find him and he attempts to have you brought up on a sex offence charge for taking the photo.

Goodness me. As a South East London man and approaching 50 years old; reading this shit makes me laugh and cry. It's a piss in the street, get over it. Lived in SE22 before anyone knew what the word 'forum' meant. Iceland or Waitrose anyone in Lordship Lane? Don't give a f**k. Iceland for me actually? better quality vegetables and fruit.

Maybe those of you who celebrate the right to piss in the street could feature a "urine welcome here" sign in your windows, doorways and on your walls?

And for those of you who says it's perfectly fine, I just don't like the smell of stale piss in underpasses, car parks and nooks. (So, yes, I'm an admirer of the urban pissoir to avoid the revolting stink). I think there's a difference between pissing where there are people (or there are going to be people) and, say, behind a bush. I don't understand, medical reasons aside, how people are so unable to manage their bladders.

The police? Really cella? There but for the grace of God go I (save perhaps waving my dick about but I very much doubt this was anything more than a dumb, drunken reaction and certainly not anything sexual).

I don't think most decent people would just piss anywhere, like on a person's front wall, I think most6 peole will try to find somewhere discrete, and can appreciate that to do otherwise is out of order.

The answer is clear, public toilets are required.

Tr? Wrote:

> The police? Really cella? There but for the

> grace of God go I (save perhaps waving my dick

> about but I very much doubt this was anything more

> than a dumb, drunken reaction and certainly not

> anything sexual).

Sorry, I find this response (and some others) completely baffling.

1. You don't know that this man was drunk.

2. Even if he had been drunk, why does that mean that his behaviour is more acceptable/less worthy of condemnation?

3. Why shouldn't Cella report anti-social and illegal behaviour to the police? Because you have presumed that the man is drunk and believe that drunken people should be less accountable? Or because, in your opinion, this behaviour, whilst still illegal, isn't THAT illegal?

4. Why do you feel that displaying your genitalia has to be sexual in order to be offensive and/or breaking the law? How can you be so certain that it wasn't sexual?

I think it's quite easy to take a laissez faire view on anti-social behaviour whilst living in a part of the world that doesn't really have to see it that often. If we were having to deal with men/women p**sing (or worse) in public every day or every week, I'm sure it wouldn't be quite so easy to dismiss it. All it takes is a small group of society to view this behaviour as acceptable (perhaps because of this new rule that being drunk is actually an excuse for fully grown adults) before it becomes a norm.

Perhaps we should take the same view in relation to spitting, leaving chicken on the bus, dropping litter etc?

On the face of it I totally agree. But we never saw they way he acted (the cock waving bit) so I'd give the OP the benefit of the doubt about that.

Although some of the paintings on walls around dulwich could do with a good strong thinning agent.

Edited: Cross post, this was in response to Tr?

EDLove Wrote:

> I think it's quite easy to take a laissez faire

> view on anti-social behaviour whilst living in a

> part of the world that doesn't really have to see

> it that often. If we were having to deal with

> men/women p**sing (or worse) in public every day

> or every week, I'm sure it wouldn't be quite so

> easy to dismiss it.

You're probably right, but we don't.

"I don't understand, medical reasons aside, how people are so unable to manage their bladders".

Some bladders just don't stretch like others - also some people have very bad discomfort compared to others.

I only know this because I once had a very stretchy pint-a-piss bladder but after an operation am now the proud owner of a half-pinter, which, if stretched enough, causes the sort of pain as to make pissing in a bush the least of my worries. Assuming there's no loo available, of course.

If you are prepared to give the willy waver the benefit of the doubt, why not the OP? Is it not possible that the man in question did not appear drunk, was making absolutely no attempt to be discreet and simply appeared not to give a damn, thus explaining the OP's outrage and reaction? Had the guy semed even mildly apologetic I imagine the OP would have walked on, as would most of us.

Guess I'm supposed to answer these:

1. Correct, that's why I said 'I very much doubt';

2. As someone who's been drunk and dealt with drunks, I do take a less rigid view of certain behavior if the perp is drunk. Like acting like a knob. I did not suggest that being drunk is an absolute defence for everything;

3. The latter i.e. some behavior, while ostensibly illegal, I would not report to the police because it's a waste of my time, their time and the consequences for the perp can be disproportionate;

4. You're right, I can't be certain so over-egged it a bit saying 'certainly'. That said, I'd bet my house it wasn't.

EDLove Wrote:

> Tr? Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > The police? Really cella? There but for the

> > grace of God go I (save perhaps waving my dick

> > about but I very much doubt this was anything

> more

> > than a dumb, drunken reaction and certainly not

> > anything sexual).

>

> Sorry, I find this response (and some others)

> completely baffling.

>

> 1. You don't know that this man was drunk.

> 2. Even if he had been drunk, why does that mean

> that his behaviour is more acceptable/less worthy

> of condemnation?

> 3. Why shouldn't Cella report anti-social and

> illegal behaviour to the police? Because you have

> presumed that the man is drunk and believe that

> drunken people should be less accountable? Or

> because, in your opinion, this behaviour, whilst

> still illegal, isn't THAT illegal?

> 4. Why do you feel that displaying your genitalia

> has to be sexual in order to be offensive and/or

> breaking the law? How can you be so certain that

> it wasn't sexual?

>

> I think it's quite easy to take a laissez faire

> view on anti-social behaviour whilst living in a

> part of the world that doesn't really have to see

> it that often. If we were having to deal with

> men/women p**sing (or worse) in public every day

> or every week, I'm sure it wouldn't be quite so

> easy to dismiss it. All it takes is a small group

> of society to view this behaviour as acceptable

> (perhaps because of this new rule that being drunk

> is actually an excuse for fully grown adults)

> before it becomes a norm.

>

> Perhaps we should take the same view in relation

> to spitting, leaving chicken on the bus, dropping

> litter etc?