Best Curry in East Dulwich

ms_1316

Totally agree Medley... Omrith when it opened was consistently fantastic in every sense for the first year or so, and then it went through a bumpy patch and managed to rebound. We ate there recently and it was very good. The makeover it had last year did it the world of good.

I do have to say that the takeaway I had from there a while back was nothing like the in-dining version... Is it just me or have other people experienced that?

Deliveries different to the restaurant food... it's a common phenomenon. Personally I suspect that some of these places use a totally different kitchen (maybe even someone's home kitchen) for the deliveries.

Frankito Wrote:

I am going to start a separate

> thread on quality takeaways as I have had some

> crap ones recently..

xxxxxxxx

I'm sure there have already been many threads on best takeaways .... :)

OK, it's not LL but they do deliver to East Dulwich - Indian Dining Club isn't just the best Indian in the area, it's the best I've had in London - counting all the Brick Lane restaurants, Painted Heron, Cinnamon Club etc. They do a good balance of more modern/adventurous dishes with old favourites. Also, we've found that if it's not on the menu, they can often do it if you ask. If you fancy the walk, the restaurant is lovely too.

sarahf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OK, it's not LL but they do deliver to East

> Dulwich - Indian Dining Club isn't just the best

> Indian in the area, it's the best I've had in

> London

xxxxxxx

Where is it?

:-S

Yes I could have googled it but I thought other people might not have heard of it either, since I hadn't.

So I thought it would be useful to have its location on the thread, as it's not in ED.

:-S

I also like Dulwich Tandoori and always come away stuffed and happy.

A little further away, Babur in Honor Oak Park is an absolute must and one of the best curry houses in the UK.

i've had a few curries in Brick Lane, and always wanted to enjoy them, but always been disappointed and left feeling ripped-off, with small portions, high prices, etc which is a real shame.

We went to Jaflong (next to the Sea Cow) the Friday before last, it was lovely to see it so full :-)

we had a fabulous meal, the food was excellent. The relishes they serve with the poppadoms are fabulous, they have a sweet coconutty one, not sure what it contains (it's probably not even coconut!!) but it's pretty fab if a little too moreish!

I had tandoori chicken which was done really well, it's quite easy to get that dish too dry but it wasn't.

The staff were very attentive and made us feel at ease so we didn't feel like we needed to rush out and just had a lovely laid-back tasty meal and left feeling very happy.

lovely place, highly recommended :-)

Sue Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Interesting how opinions, or possibly chefs on

> different days, differ.

>

> We went to Jaflong a week or so ago and had quite

> an unmemorable meal .....

ha! yeah perhaps, it was a Friday after all so perhaps they had their best cooks on board ;-)

Apology accepted, no I don't work for them and no I wasn't joking.

To be fair I haven't sampled any other curry in East Dulwich but found Bombay bicycle's very good. Some friends of mine live near brick lane and also sampled their food and found it very good. I admit its not the cheapest but I will happily pay more so I don't wake up with a dodgy stomach the next day.