Consultation on Changing facilities and One O'clock club in Peckham Rye Park

I definitely think both toddler play areas could do with a revamp. They are both a bit dismal and uninspiring compared to the rest of the park - the play areas at goose green and hillyfields are both much better if the powers that be are looking for ideas. I think we need to see the plans to be able to comment properly, but i for one am pleased there is some sort of plan in motion!

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...

There is an update!

Southwark Council has selected two architects to design new play facilities and a changing room area at Peckham Rye Park.

It was announced on 21 March 2016 that Curl la Tourelle + Head has been chosen to design new changing rooms next to the football pitches and a new children?s playroom, while Turkington Martin has been appointed to conceive a new children?s play area for Peckham Rye Common.

The project is funded by the Olympic Legacy Funding and the council?s capital funding.

Barrie Hargrove, cabinet member for parks, leisure and public health, said that the council was ?very keen to ensure the local community remains involved in the project throughout? and would therefore be establishing a stakeholder reference group ?to keep information flowing to all interested parties?.

He added: "This time of austerity has raised many challenges for us, but I am proud to say that despite this Southwark Council has still been able to invest millions in our parks and open spaces, including this significant project in Peckham Rye that recognises the importance of this historic open space to residents.