parking on whateley road/ landcroft road.....

If the vehicles are untaxed they shouldn't be on the roads surely? You have to file a SORN declaration and part of that is that they are off-road. Has anyone tried reporting them as Abandoned Vehicles via Southwark Council? Also, try calling the DVLA and asking them if there is any interest at their end.

• 5 months later...
i had to come back & find this post again!!!! again theres no parking on whateley road this evening.... my friend is arriving shortly, im not sure where he's gonna park? i see at least 4 cars that belong to "le garage", he don't even live here!!!!

yes terrible, fancy these long established businesses taking the piss like this. What you lot want to do is get a front garden turn it into off road parking and then your problems are solved. of course that would just mean that no other fucker could park anywhere nr lordship lane to go shopping, but fuck them right ? after all you used to live in Clapham !

benjaminty Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> > but some of these are cars left for months on end

> without being touched WITHOUT tax as well.

> Council wont remove an untaxed car if anyone

> complains unless it has also been vandalised or

> has moss growing on it (I kid you not)...

>

If you want to get an untaxed vehicle moved, go to

http://dvla.gov.uk/onlineservices/report_unlicensed.aspx?ext=dg

Yes, a notice will go on the car and the garage will probably move it before it gets towed, but at least they'll start to get the message that they cannot act with impunity.

AllforNun Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> yes terrible, fancy these long established

> businesses taking the piss like this. What you lot

> want to do is get a front garden turn it into off

> road parking and then your problems are solved.

Written in your usual neighbourly manner, afn. However, there is actually a valid point obscured beneath all the bitterness. It's a garage, they need to put their cars somewhere. You could argue that such a business shouldn't really set up on a residential road - and I'd agree - but it's there now, and has been for a while, so what can you do?

> of course that would just mean that no other @#$%&

> could park anywhere nr lordship lane to go

> shopping, but @#$%& them right ? after all you

> used to live in Clapham !

Why would do you want to drive to lordship lane anyway, surely you have everything you need in Nunhead!

Yep all of us ... the whole damn lot of us used to live in Clapham! What a strange comment.

A long established business? An established business that was built without approval on a public thoroughfare I think you'll find. One that has continually taking the p1ss out of it's neighbouring businesses and residents, one that has cost the council a 5 figure sum in party wall surveying and won't repay, one that doesnt have permission to build the monstrosity of a garage that it currently has in either an upwards or sideways direction... one that doesn't have a roof! One that regularly services high powered boats (great noise on a sunday morning), regularly services cars on the road in direct contravention of it's "lease", one that seemingly never gets a parking ticket for any of it's vehicles on yellow lines for weeks on end, one that seemingly has a "hold" over the council, one that publicly allows beatings of members of their own family for being so silly as to get run over(that was a good one), one that doesnt want to use it's own bins and makes use of any skips/bins they can find for their commercial waste, one that uses it's toilet to put sawdust and car oil down thus creating a back log of "sewage" running up Whateley Road (hmmmmm smell that!)

Sorry am I boring you? Or are you boring me with some random Clapham jibe which isnt applicable to anyone I know on Whateley Road?

morning ! are you sure your not from Clapham, you do sound like you are ? no not boring me but you are rather in a bit of denial, i am well aware that the Clapham boating club meet in a property on Whateley road, in fact that is why these boats are getting serviced, i think you may not know your neighbours as well as you think.

They are obviously doing something right as you have firmly pointed out that they " regularly services high powered boats (great noise on a sunday morning), regularly services cars " so they must be busy. Why don't you and jezzy get together and think "hey we live in sarf london so fuck them" then go round and give them a good tuning ! that way neither of you will be bitter and stressed, wracked with feelings of powerlessness, and you can finally put some of those rugger bugger skills to good use. Come on boys you know you want to.

ooh and your right i do have everything i need in nunhead lane i have a, Fruit and Veg shop, 2 butchers, a bakers, a wet fish shop, 2 florists, 3 news agents, 2 chemists several public houses, a sprinkling of other businesses and when i am done with it all a Funeral Parlour ! but i do love a spin down the lane its a good day out lots more shops and lovely people, the ones form clapham are a bit odd but hey you can't have it all. Plus you have a really good brothel at the back of william roses, cueing for meat may arse !

Yes, I do like an opportunity to put my rugger bugger skills to good use! How well you know me!

You are also correct in your implication that people from Clapham often own high powered boats. Just check out all those speedboats lining the streets there. I reckon they must have all been succesful Bullseye contestants or something.