Renewal of contract for Melbourne Grove Medical Practice

mells

Sternhall Lane is reasonable. The doctors I've seen all competent, the receptionists range from kind and helpful to downright unpleasant and provoking. Generally speaking I've found that one can get an appointment within a few days for non-urgent medical concerns, I've never had to try them in an emergency. I have encountered some very annoying and inconvenient administrative slipups but while they were aggravating they don't define the overall experience with the surgery.

It is good for workers with 'normal' hours, as one can get very early morning appointments on some days, which is really helpful.

However, the health visitor situation is very poor - the health visitor isn't great when she is there, and there is no replacement for her when she is off sick or on maternity leave. And the baby clinic has very long waiting times, and limited facilities. I wouldn't recommend it for families with young children.

I agree that this surgery has taken a massive turn for the worse but I don't know what to do for the best. We have a baby (like most of ED) and want good and accessible medical care without having to resort to A&E in order to be seen! Are there any better local surgeries? NHS Direct lists Dr Sharma at ED Hospital - does anyone use this or a surgery up towards Ruskin Park?

I would really rather not move but feel powerless to improve things especially having read the responses people are getting on this thread.

Concordia churns out statistics (self-generated) and guess what? they would have us believe that their delivery is better than before they took over. How can that be when I have yet to encounter a single patient who agrees?

what about the quality of clinical care, the excellence of which those of us around long enough remember before the statisticians came into town.

• 4 months later...
Crikey I wish I had noticed and read this thread last year... now on the phone trying to change to yet another surgery as I had a disastrous appointmet with someone (presuming a doctor... she didn't make it clear) this week. I was previously at Dulwich Hospital GP which was equally diasatrous.