Draft house

85volga

Well on that , back to the original topic of the empty boarded up Draft House pub.......its a shame its been empty for so long and the new pizza shop has yet to start the renovations to transform the building. Now for the empty Threshers wine shop across the street ....

"You see, I tried that.. just because I was blown away by the concept and I was foolishly taken in by Dominos. I must say, they're absolutely vile!"

You had to try a pizza that looks like it's been stuffed with a dog's cock, to work out it was going to be vile?

85volga Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Now for the empty Threshers wine shop

> across the street ....

Again on another thread I think it has been explained that - after the place was used as a dope factory for a while - the freeholder is reluctant to rent out to anyone who won't also rent the flat above.

monkeylite Wrote:

> Chiswick and the original Brixton shop are ace.

> Not sure about the one at Westfield.

>

> Sodo in HOP/Brockley is good too.

Went to sodo in honor oak park this week was excellent and staff were fantastic.

What a ridiculous looking creature that 'pizza' is rahrahrah. Why would anyone add mini burgers to the crust of cheese on toast? Bizarre. Mind you, at least it's Pizza Hut and not some poncey middle England gastro-woodfired-patronising organic pile of bile like a lot of people around here seem to worship. Why would anyone pay more than a few quid for one of these things. Makes me so angry.

Louisa.

Willard, like I say, I was foolishly taken in. Dominos' website is set up to dupe people with its slick console and colourful offers of this and that. A minute-by-minute ticker showing what state your pizza is in and how many seconds remain before it'll be deposited at your door. Hard to remember after going through all that that you're actually ordering food. Unfortunately what arrived was barely fit for my dog. And it's collossally more expensive than the real thing which will soon be available within stumbling distance of my house :-)

Ah, Louisa. When you're young you, and your gastrointestinal tract, are INVINCIBLE. Not to mention immortal. Cheeseburger-stuffed crust with extra bacon AND cheese? Anchovies! Pepperoni! Fried eggs! Bring 'em on.

Pizza as "cheese on toast". Wonderful.

Working as a waiter, I used to roll my eyes at my mates - as they did with me - when the punters ordered "fettucine Alfredo". Another mac-'n'-cheese at ten quid the plate.

Alex K a youngster eating that bizarre looking creature must have the constitution of a cockroach. I must admit, a lot of Italian food has become so affordable now, to me it seems bizarre that so many people would pay through the nose for things like macaroni cheese, pizza or spag bol when you can do it at home for bugger all effort.

SJ despite my dislike of all things 'posh cheese on toast' - on this one we agree unreservedly. To me personally, that creature above looks totally un-appetising and like some sort of lab experiment.

Louisa.

Pizza is Junk Food.

Because:- It is FULL of greasy fatty foods like cheese, and heavy greasy meats like salami and pepperoni.

Because:- It is HIGH is sodium.

Because:- It is HIGH in carbohydrates. (High G.I. Carbs at that That spike your Blood Glucose)

Because:- People are prone to pig out on it consuming thousands of calories their body does not need.

High Carbohydrates + High Fats + High Salt content = Junk Food

There is no getting away from it.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox you are so right. In fact not only is all of the above true, but you're paying through the nose for this c*ap too. Even in its original form, pizza was an Italian 'street food' no better than Welsh Rarebit you'd make at home. It's full of carbs, full of fat and it tastes more disgusting than cheese on toast because it has a ghastly processed tomato pur?e on top of the bread base. I do not understand how anyone can justify the money they pay for this junk food?

Louisa.

DulwichFox, we will no doubt be beaten into the ground about this, but I for one blame pizza as one of the key take away foods to damage the health of this nation and make us obese. When I was a child just about the only take away you could get was fish & chips and a fried brekkie at a workmans caf', as a nation we were pretty healthy. Americanisms poured in along with other take away influences and we are now the nation with the second highest obesity rate in the world. I've witnessed parents feeding their children pizza for dinner, why would you do that? Bring back traditional meat and two veg dinners.

Louisa.

???? Wrote:

> As we, some of us, are pointing the finger at

> unhealthy junk food - did you enjoy the Curry

> Night this week Foxy?

Thoroughly enjoyed. But then I selected the food that I deem healthy. Like Seafood curry, Dry vegetable curry

Channa Dhal, Basmati rice with Mushrooms, Chapatti made from Atta Flour, and just one beer.

And most of my dishes were shared. So I did not pig out.

Does that answer your question. :)

DulwichFox.

Louisa Wrote:

When I was a child just about the only take away you could get was fish & chips and a fried brekkie at a

workmans caf', as a nation we were pretty healthy.

Yes that is right. and as kids we walked to School, not get driven to school my mum.

We played out in the street. We did not sit for hours in front of a computer or Xbox.

We were fit.

DulwichFox

Absolutely DulwichFox. We walked to school because streets were safe, we ate homemade dinner for the most part and we played out in the streets. All things of the past.

This interesting article in the Daily Mail puts things into perspective. I suggest some of you unhealthy parents have a read of this and take note.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2540248/Study-reveals-parents-poor-eating-habits-blame-childhood-obesity-NOT-fast-food.html

Louisa.