Where do you buy your clothes (for you, not kids)?

Pickle

I quite like Wrap - http://www.wraplondon.co.uk - but it is a bit linen/floaty sometimes - some nice stuff still left in the sale.. I get catalogues for Toast through the post - nice but again a bit floaty and expensive! I like Reiss (but ??) and French Connection. Also quite a few quirky bargains in Joy - all quite cheap and cheerful. Otherwise I'm clad head to toe in gap basics for work and mummy time...

White Company for jersey tops?

I also have to admit to some M&S basics - my excuse is they catch my eye when shopping for the children! Some indigo and autograph and limited collection stuff, but you have to be v careful! I loathe per una.

Anyone else remember this thread from many years ago? I often think about it and my my (non existent) 'fashion mojo'!

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?29,640203,640203#msg-640203

Also who else saw this annoying article about mum frumps? I read it whilst wearing the exact outfit they sneer at....

http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/fashion-blog/2013/dec/05/why-i-wont-dress-like-a-mum

Just remembered - my favourite dress (not a v dressy one but smart enough for evenings out etc) is from Jaeger boutique, think is like their younger line (like NW3 is to Hobbs) - so sometimes seems to be cheaper than their normal stuff, and they do good sales. Worth a look. Also LK Bennett & Ted Baker for special dresses.

Next is variable but you get the odd gem and very reasonably priced. Though I think their tops don't wash well, again. That's probably because I wash everything too hot and tumble dry way too much though.

And sometimes worth looking in places you'd never normally shop - got some fab trousers in All Saints a year ago that I've worn to death, and that's coming from someone who a) would never normally go in there and b) HATES buying trousers.

I never (or very rarely) get a chance to go anywhere other than Lordship Lane to shop, so online is my only other option these days. I only ever buy from places that offer free returns, so it's very low risk. Nice to be able to try on at home at your leisure while kids are sleeping/at school.

As an aside, I took a risk and ordered some things from Yumi (free delivery, free returns, nothing to lose, arrived next day) and really like the garments. All true to size and the quality feels pretty good for the price. In particular, one dress is fully lined and drapes really nicely. Will be interesting to see how they wash.

sounds like it's the way to go then. i can only shop near where i work so it's limited to the usual big shops. shall spend a few hours looking at some new clothes from the comfort of my sofa i think!

and personally i think there is nothing wrong with a mum coat! i LOVE mine! It's been my best friend all winter. yes, i got teased when i bought it...but it keeps me warm and i don't give a monkeys.

I never did any online shopping until I became trapped in Lordship Lane with two children.

My favourite place at the moment is Forever 21. (Even though I haven't been 21 for a good 20 years!) But the quality of their basics is great - t-shirts for a few pounds and the most amazing seven-quid jeans I've ever encountered.

I really hate that article about mum frumps! Everyone needs a mum coat - mine has a massive hood.

I would highly recommend Queen Bee styling for help if you are struggling with places to shop. I used Sally before going back to work, and she completely transformed my wardrobe. I was still bfing so couldn't leave my little one for long, and I got a whole new wardrobe in 3 hours. It really gave me my confidence back as I'd completely forgotten how to shop - and I used to be so good at it!

I am desperate to use her for casual clothes as soon as I have enough money to spend. She's a mum from Dulwich herself and is just lovely, and will save you SOOO much money as everything she got for me is worn.

Highly recommend

http://queenbeestyling.com

sE22mum you are v calm and good. If my husband told me I was dressing like a middle aged lady, then unless he was brad Pitt or George clooney I would be saying 'fine, hand over the cash and I will go and see Sally at Queen Bee'. Cheeky so and so!

Sally is great. I don't think I know Unduscovered, but have used Sally and agree saved a load of mistake purchases.

katgod you only know the half of it!!! He hides my clothes if he doesn't like them! Tho it doesn't work as I know where all the hiding places are (not v difficult). I say that surely it can't really matter to him what I wear to work as he won't see me?!?

Indeed, some of my clothes have been known to make their own way to the second hand shop....

A new twist on the theme - good places for decent petite sizes in styles that aren't just twee. Or full size styles that work for (small) petites - e.g. tunics on most folk can be dresses on me! My wardrobe seems to be 90% M&S, Boden and Next. Online ideally as like most folk, I don't get to do much real shopping.

I'm always in Yumi stuff, I find it affordable and a bit unique as I tend to feel a bit 'mumsy' when I put on clothes

from Whitestuff etc, so I'd really recommend it Pickle.

Also rate Vero Moda, Gap and really love Mabel in ED. I'm 39 too and I'm still swapping clothes with

my teenage daughter! Not her midriff length tops though :)

Hush are having an amazing sample sale today and tomorrow at their office/warehouse in Battersea in Ingate place - right by Queenstown road station, very very cheap prices as they are selling off loads of stock - I got 10 things for ?50. Go today if you can! It's open until 7pm.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the recommendations.

If you are stuck in a style rut and need a helping hand to get back on track then a Queen Bee Styling voucher is the ideal Mother's day gift. We offer a range of services designed to inspire, boost self esteem and eliminate frustration when you open the wardrobe! Just show this post to your other half or drop a large hint!

To purchase a voucher please contact me directly on:-

E: [email protected].

M: 07956 293845

If anyone would like more details on our services or just chat about how we can help you, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Warm wishes

Sally

M: 07956 293845

W: www.queenbeestyling.com

T: @Queenbeestyling

F: www.facebook.com/queenbeestyling