Vote for the film you'd like screened at Dulwich's open air cinema!

He gets the girl and they find the cat.

Oh come on cdonline, there's more to it than that...

"Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness.".....

*sigh*

Breakfast at Tiffany's for me.

macroban Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Where does ?7.50 come from? I read it as ?8 in

> advance or ?10 at the gate.

I read it as ?7.50 per ticket (in advance) + a ?0.50 postage fee per order. So ?8 for 1 ticket, ?15.50 for two, ?23.00 for three, etc. ?10 per ticket at the gate, as you say.

Ive cast my vote and looks like we will be going.. YAY!! I dont think ?7.50 is too steep at all.. I love an outdoor cinema and its one of the things I miss from Australia as they have some gorgeous outdoor cinemas and trust me even with the conversion rate it still costs a hell of a lot more than ?7.50 to go to one of them there..

No offence but where have all of you been that you think ?7.50 is steep to go to the cinema? it is ?8.50 to go to the Ritzy on a Friday night and it doesn't have any of the charm that being in the park will.... I think that represents good value, especially as it is a small, local company, who we should all want to support.

I have voted for some like it hot as it is my favorite film of all time..... although I would watch any of them with joy!

George Wood Wrote:

> Great film choices - I'm sure I could dig out

> Beethoven 2!

>

> We're actually talking about doing a few themed

> screenings - such as an 80s classics night (with a

> choice of Back To the Future, The Goonies, Karate

> Kid etc)

>

> In terms of price - I'm sorry if some of you guys

> think it's a bit steep, but we're a local company

> without big corporate backing, just trying to

> establish something positive for the area. Also

> the difference between this event and lots of the

> other versions you get is that the screen we're

> projecting on to is absolutely enormous (10 metres

> by 6 metres), and the setting is first rate -

> great food / drink and film in one of the best

> parks in London.

>

> I hope you give it a go - particularly as I'd be

> interested to have your feedback, so we can tailor

> it to exactly what you guys want (maybe not

> Electric Boogaloo!)

Hey George,

Couldn't find any info on the website stating whether you would have seats available for those of us who aren't able (or can't be bothered ;) to bring picnic stuff with us.

I think this is a great idea, I shall definitely be there (as long as the film will be Breakfast or Some like it Hot).

I voted for Breakfast (although I own two copies of the film) because I would love to see Audrey on the big screen in all her glory at the beginning of the film in the Givenchy dress!!!

Hey, here's an idea, why don't you scrap the postage charge & allow people to collect their tickets on the day as long as they have proof of sale?

Pippo Inzaghi Wrote:

> the open air it would be quite fitting, and

> perhaps more relevant than ever even though it's

> 20+ years old.>

>

> Top suggestion. In fact, the best suggestion.

>

> They screened this onto the outside of the South

> Bank two or three years back and it was wicked.

>

> That was free, ?7.50 is OTT, a fiver would be

> acceptable.

>

> Px

xxxxxx

Can't remember the name of the burger place that used to be next to Liquorish before the place that's there now, but they used to have koyanisqaatsi on their screen on a loop :)

Edited to remove typo - what a saddo I am :)

You can always go to the park for free and watch it on a laptop (if you feel the need to be outdoors whilst watching a movie). There is nothing stopping you! Personally, I think Cinema is too expensive in general, and ?8.50 for the Ritzy on a Friday is a joke! As for popcorn and coke at ?6.50... Don't get me started!!

There's nothing like someone offering something a bit novel for the area to bring all the moaning minnies out.

"It's too expensive", "ooh, the films aren't the latest..", "a postage fee? how dare they."

Love the idea of occasional screenings in the park, great way to enjoy a classic in a lovely setting.

Don't like the films? Think it's too expensive? Fine. But why feel the need to waste your life telling people on a forum? (yes, I now too fall into that category, thanks a bunch)

Wombat why shouldn't people voice opinions? I think it's a lovely idea, I like the films, and there's a good chance I'll go, but I think it's a bit expensive for what it is. Why shouldn't I or anyone else say that, just as people who disagree will waste their lives disagreeing. For the record, if I wasn't posting I'd only be wasting my life doing paperwork.