door to door window sales man

jane1

is any one else in East Dulwich keep having the same door to door sales man knocking on there front door at all times of the day and evening trying to sell you double glazing, i think his very dodgy. his a indian man.wears glasses.about late 20's early 30's and drive a small blue car,keeps saying he lives at peckham rye,i keep asking him for his phone number, ID, some sort of paper work but he never has nothing on him, his knocked on my front door every day last week from 7.30am in the morning(i fell out of bed and was not happy with him) up to 10.30pm at night, and every time he knocks there is a trampy looking white man standing around across the road, ive told him im not interested and don't want double glazing, but his still knocking and ringing on my bell, is it just me or is any one else having problems with the same guy.................

Report this - at the very least you appear to be being stalked! - Maybe keep a diary, so you have a record of the events- and of course don't open the door. If you can, photograph the man and his companion (from an upstars window?) If he calls again, and you have reported it, call 999. This isn't 'normal' sales behaviour. It maybe that the man is disturbed in some way, which is an explanation but doesn't make it any better for you.

i will do, my next door neighbour is a elderly lady in her 80's living on her own, and his been bothering her as well, he was crawling around her front garden in his hands and knees at 6.00am in the morning last week..........

There was a man about 3 weeks ago in peckham rye park who kept on appearing from bushes near the dog field and following women . I personally didn't see him but some of my fellow dog walker friends did and reported him to the police and park keepers . He was described well to the police I believe, so I do think you must report this as sounds fairly similar in discription.

Oh my God!!. is very sad that people are living . With fear, angst , oppressed . frightened .

A ( human) comes in your door at 7:30 am . You guys think what time he woke up? sues you and the children in his bed was warm , warm , safe , food in your refrigerator ,without the wardrobe space to put more clothes ... And an honest person trying to be honest and decent , working , doing the best of it! Judge ourselves , we would call the cops , take picture the face of the ( human) he tried to survive ?!?! ... Maybe this is why the world is worse, people do not often want to help people. or to see the other side.

I believe in God , this may be little difference . because I believe in people , I still believe in honesty , dignity and respect. maybe you think you wake up or open the door in the morning to be disrespectful ? ! . think well !

?and thank God for not being on the other side of the door ( outside) knocking on the door and trying to survive >>

?THINK !!

This has got nothing to do with god, or surviving, this is about some weirdo keep knocking on my front door, day and night, scaring the life out of myself and my children, I shouldn't have to put up with this, and I have been to the police about it today, for the safed of myself my children and my elderly next door neighbour, I am sorry if I've up set any one with this thread but I was just asking if it was just or if any one else was going through the same thing with this guy........

sangod8, going by jane1's posts, she is being harrassed in her own property by someone abusing the right to knock on someone's door. Just because someone can knock on your door legally doesn't give them the right to repeatedly come back after you've said you don't want what's on offer.

And what's all this God rubbish ?

Always useful to check Jane & also helpful to anyone else who might be feeling victimised or intimidated with this caller's strange behaviour. I would feel very intimidated if I was on the receiving end of these calls to my home and think you've done the right thing by reporting it.

There may well be a reasonable explanation - although I can't think of one - but if so, this man needs to realise that his behaviour is coming across as harassment. Hope it gets sorted soon & you & the children can relax.

Had a very rude young man call today , selling dishcloths etc I think. He had a laminated card round his neck that said official hawker as far as I could make out ( is there such a thing ?) he was extremely rude when I told him very politely that I did not buy at the door. Swearing as he went along my path he turned back to show me the large wad of cash he had !

Who buys from these guys ?