Toddlers Haircut - ED recommendations?

frankie77

Hi, we always go to Little Clippers on North Cross Road. One of their 'chairs' is a car and they also have little video screens showing cartoons. A simple cut of my 3 year old's hair was 9 pounds if I remember correctly.

I love GK Barbers but since the lady left the chap (French I think?) doesn't cut little girls hair very well. He had admitted to me that he doesn't cut girls' hair well and is better with boys. He cuts my 5 year old boy's hair brilliantly and we always go back to him. My daughter, on the other hand, has had some very dubious cuts from him so I am now looking for a hairdresser for a little girls.

I have tried Little Clipper but find the staff mostly rude and the cuts not of great quality and the price very high.

Recommendations anyone? Thx

I can recommend Stevie Thomas, mobile hairdresser who did mine and my toddler's hair at home. She is really reasonably priced (?20 for both of us - a wet cut for me) and was very good with my little boy - I wasn't sure how it would go as it was his first haircut, but I think seeing mummy having it done first and being at home definitely helped. Here's a link to her ad:

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?6,1194850,1214773#msg-1214773

• 1 month later...

Took my twins for their first hair cut to GK Barbers in Melbourne Grove today so thank you for the recommendations and I agree with all the positive comments.

Ahmed was brilliant. Knew all the distraction techniques including a big tv with cbeebies on and did a quick, neat job at a very reasonable price (?8 a child).

We were just a walk in and he says Sundays it's normally possible to do that rather than book.

• 4 months later...

And we've used Dulwich Barbers for a rowdy 19 month old. Only place that actually managed to do it, very patient and with a smile on her face. All for ?8.

This experience was way better than little clippers that only did half his head, moaned constantly about it and still still charged me ?10.