Charidee bags

Hi everyone

I don't know why it is, (don't say poisson distribution effect), but nearly every time I get a charity bag through the door, designating a specific day for collection, within the hour, I will then get ANOTHER bag from someone else for collection on the same day.

Today it is evergreen trust who are indeed a charity, and looking for lots of stuff, and also another COMPANY (not a charity) looking for stuff. Now, I have got some stuff for the charity, but how do i prevent the other people from nabbing the bag?

Suggestions/thoughts?

If you intend to be home on said day of collection leave a note on the bag or your door for evergreen to knock for you.. If not then you could call them and explain and ask if they could arrange a special pick up or if you could wait til the next pick up.. Failing that I cant help..

The way to spot the difference is if they have a registered charity number on them then they are legit, if they have a registered company number - chuck 'em!

Back to the original question, maybe give the charity a call, they may ring your bell if you request them too or tell you the exact time they maybe collecting from your street?

I have just had ANOTHER bag through the door for Friday - a charity. Now clearly the non-charity organisation knows that one of the other charities has scheduled a collection.

This is by no means the first time I have had 3 bags for the same date. Grrrr.

Strawbs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> If you then want to donate to charity you can just go to a

> charity bin and do it that way..

Or come onto here and ask if anyone has a spare bag at that moment in time - you're unlikely to get a no!