Wing mirror stolen for car parked on Goodrich road

Last night between 10-6 someone stole my wing mirror. Just the glass. Definitely theft and not vandalism as it's gone and rather neatly!

It seems they were after a particular car wing mirror as they also attempted to take OH wing mirror (it was moved into a facing up position) and his car was parked on Barry road.

Just posting to give people the heads up to look out for this. Though they do it while we are all probably aleep! Same thing hPpened to someone I know in the area about a fortnight ago. I wish they would get caught.

I live in SE16, about 18 months ago my daughter who lives in Dorset

was visiting us,the mirror glass from her Range Rover was taken along with

2 from BMW's 2 from a big van + 2 others.Unfortunately the actual mirror

housing on her car was damaged,over ?130 to fix.

Sorry to have to inform you all but this activity seems to be a precursor to Catalytic Converter thefts It has followed this "M.O." where I used to live outside of London and also where family reside in Bognor and friends to the west of London. Local Police should/are probably aware of what comes next so report it to them if you haven't already done so in order for them not to have to play "catch-up".

exactly same thing happened to us at the same night. I reported to the police and they came around. I have subsequently received an e-mail from them confirming the crime reference number etc. I will send him the link to this thread so that he is aware.

Hi Guys,

The mirrors off of my Range Rover stolen on either 18/ 19th November. Just cost me ?256 to replace. Again neat job so this is theft simply to be re-sold. This occurred on The Hamlet, SE5. I noted the same theft has occurred on an Audi on Champion Hill.

Very upsetting as we discovered on our daughters 1st birthday and were due to travel and see friends in the evening.

I will report to police now.

Thanks

James

Hi all, I had both my wing mirrors stolen from my Audi Q5 on Goodrich road too - in my driveway. Both taken out cleanly with two wires hanging out. I'll be installing lights round the back now, not that it will help. I'll also be sleeping with a hammer next to me and if I hear any noise, I'll be out to bust some skulls.

Don't wanna be all doom and gloom but looks like my guess/warning about c/c could be spot on as I note most of the vehicles affected are " 4x4 ", with their higher clearance from the chassis to the road surface making them easier targets for these thieving scum-bags.