Burglary Friern Rd

polla2256

that sounds really frightening. How did they get the door open? I hope that youve contacted the police though usually they turn up some time later just to check for finger prints. We fitted an alarm after we were burgled and now have the option to set this to go off if anyone enters the downstairs at night. kind regards

We left the kitchen window unlocked after we had it painted yesterday (Should have checked but we live and learn), the random chance of leaving the window unsecure the exact same day we get cased is too remote to be random, especially as access to the rear is difficult and we are no where near a main junction or rat run and in the middle of 100 properties (est).

Also I found all the missing items in my garden so its not too bad. Called the police (101) who were really quick to react, just had SOCO round and they found a possible print.

I was more pissed off than frightened as I would throttle the scum bag if I had caught him / her, though my wife is happy I didnt catch them. I am getting an alarm today, but would prefer a tibetan mastiff.

Im glad to hear the police came round quickly and hope that they manage to match the possible finger print. In my previous address someone attempted to get into my back window (I noticed as theyd moved the window box and left footprints in the snow at the time). However on not getting into mine they climbed over the fence into my neighbours garden and broke in there instead - so it may be that they did not target you in the first instance but they tried other places first - the police may contact your neighbours. Glad to hear that you got your stuff back kind regards

Just be careful with burglars. My wife's scooter got stolen a couple of months back from our front drive. I discovered that the thief then stole handbags with it in Lewisham the next day. I understand from the police that he was chased and that there was a shoutout (one police officer said that to my wife but since it is an open case type of thing, it was never reconfirmed. I am therefore not sure it's true but like you, my initial reaction would have been to have a go myself. With hindsight, I would have looked very stupid in front of a gun and I reckon a scooter/handbag/etc is not really worth it.