What have YOU asked for Christmas?

pebbles

OMG crystal7 - last night my hubbie (see my separate thread on what to get hubbies) asked for two oven gloves for Christmas as ours are almost disintegrated. I said ok but sighed deeply even with such an easy route out oven gloves are for life not Christmas.

I've asked for perfume ( shortly starting a 2nd mat leave so won't be prioritising ?100 bottles of smelly stuff), boots, a smaller second slow cooker and some boots vouchers so I can get some proper face cream and makeup. Any of those things would do me honestly. X

If you have to think that hard about what you want maybe you don't really need anything? I have a huge family and a few years back we started doing secret santa so each person gets just one present, and - brilliantly - you only have to buy one gift. The children are excluded natch, they still get all kinds of crap, but for grown ups it is great. And not rushing round the shops or online buying things nobody really wants you get to focus on the less commercial and more fun bits of christmas...

a good idea I think, but I know my family would be up in arms! A few years ago we instigated a ?5 rule for adults and all children except those directly yours. but we had rebellion from some quarters saying it was all killjoy. problem is there are very different levels of income across the extended family. some of us with low incomes have no problem at all with being bought lovely pressies by those with more spare cash, but others find it really embarrassing. and some with larger amounts would really like to have an opportunity to buy a few treats and not be told what to do!

so this year I am advocating everyone just spending what they can/want and we can call get on with it! will be interesting to see the results....