Halfway house

macutd

Halfway houses are also used for people who are waiting to be rehoused. My stepdaughter when she and her partner were expecting their first child, their private landlord gave them notice to quit their bedsit, so the local council put them up in a Halfway House until the baby was born when they got a one bedroomed council flat.

They're really useful, I lived next door to one in Battersea on a nice street near a school, good neighbours and would accept any parcels/recorded mail for me when I was at work.

If it's more than a few doors away then obviously they'd be no use to you. But then you'd probably not even notice it exists.

It's become a little odd, this forum. A person makes a comment about something happening in the area, then a cohort of people who have left the area, and now profess varying degrees of dislike for East Dulwich, jump on the post and mock and pillory the poster. The mockery comes across as a little creepy, obsessive and stalker-ish.

I will state that I am ambivalent about the original post though...

grabot Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> It's become a little odd, this forum. A person

> makes a comment about something happening in the

> area, then a cohort of people who have left the

> area, and now profess varying degrees of dislike

> for East Dulwich, jump on the post and mock and

> pillory the poster. The mockery comes across as a

> little creepy, obsessive and stalker-ish.

>

> I will state that I am ambivalent about the

> original post though...

"A cohort of people who have left the area, and now profess varying degrees of dislike for East Dulwich"

That is something that you've just made up.

People are responding to the OP's post. If you think that's creepy and stalker-ish then an online forum really isn't for you.

Loz Wrote:

> macutd Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > does anybody know what permissions you need to

> setup a halfway house?

>

>

>

> -rwxr-xr-x should do the trick.

>

>

only if you want to execute them.....NAZI!

giggirl Wrote:

> OK sorry, I don't understand Unix humour so I

> don't get the joke but I have a general sense of

> humour failure around all things Nazi/Goodwin's

> Law.

Unix humour is fun. For example, in answer to your earlier response to my comment. I wonder what the following regular expression yields on this thread?

^I.*!