Sony DSC W170 10.1 MP Silver Digital Camera Bundle NEW

http://www.electronics-mac-sony.com/goods.php?id=978

Free shipping for all the best electronics.

Sony DSC W170 10.1 MP Silver Digital Camera Bundle NEW?196.00

Product Description

The Sony DSC-W170 matches point-and-shoot ease-of-use with advanced features to pack a powerful punch. The sophisticated, compact body features an enviable 10.1 megapixel resolution, Carl Zeiss 5x optical zoom lens, and Sony's Double Anti-Blur solution for crisp, clear images. For easy viewing and sharing, the large 2.7" LCD displays your shots in vibrant color. In addition, Face Detection technology, Smile Shutter, and Intelligent Scene Recognition elicit stunning detail from special moments.

The camera is brand new, factory sealed, not refurbished, nor opened "for testing," or for any other reason. Sony? is one of among a few companies that factory seals its cameras, and the seal says "Sony" on it. A couple of other major digital camera manufacturers, like Kodak, factory seal their boxes. However, Sony? is the only one to seal it with a sticker other than plain, clear tape. Some stores add a sticker to digital camera boxes because of restocking rules. I offer a 14-day money-back guarantee. Sony warranty's this Camera against defects for a period of one year (parts and labor).

Details

Dimensions (WxDxH): 9.4 cm x 2.4 cm x 5.8 cm

Weight: 142 g

Additional Features: resizing an image

Lens Features

Optical Sensor Type: Super HAD CCD

Optical Sensor Size: 1/2.3"

Maximum Focal Length: 25 mm

Minimum Focal Length: 5 mm

Display: LCD display - TFT active matrix - 2.7" - color

Sony? is among the most popular of digital camera brands, and in a major non-profit consumer magazine, it also ties for top ratings with Canon?. In fact, in a report of last year's models, the Sony? DSC-W80 was top rated in its class. You should exercise care when purchasing any Sony? Digital Camera in the DSC-W series with a number below 100. All such models are from a previous year, and while Sony? is no longer manufacturing new models, they are selling refurbished versions. Personally, I greatly prefer new models, as opposed to models that have been refurbished (or are used). Sony? does offer warranty some manufacturer refurbished models (not necessarily for one year, though). Honestly, I don't think the savings are generally worth it. Also, if you do decide to purchase a camera that has been refurbished, you should ensure that it is refurbished by the manufacturer. There are lots of cheap companies that refurbish all kinds of items, and it's hard to say what you'll receive if you ever purchase one of them. Anyway, for what it's worth, that's just some general advice, and it doesn't apply to this listing, of course.

The Sony? DSC-W170? was this year's top of the line point and shoot digital camera until very recently. Sony? has just released the DSC-W300?, which offers a whopping 13.6 megapixel resolution, and has replaced the DSC-W170? as the top of the line model. I am also offering the Sony?DSC-W300? Camera. I am pleased to be able to offer the Sony? DSC-W170? at a significant discount compared to Sony?'s retail price. In this listing, I offer the Camera bundled with a Pictures Plus Compact Tripod, a slim case, a media case, a lens cleaning cloth, and a (regular, not digital) photo frame. I use quality products in my bundles. For example, the Pictures Plus Tripod is of excellent quality -- it isn't, nor does it look cheap. I don't know what brands other sellers who create bundles use. I'll create another listing for the Camera alone, for those who aren't interested in bundles. This bundle does NOT include any additional memory, although I may create a more "complete" Sony ? Digital Camera bundle sometime in the future which would include a memory card, and perhaps a couple of other items. Sony? Digital Cameras use Memory Stick Duo? media or Memory Stick PRO Duo? memory cards (as opposed to SD memory cards which are most common in digital cameras). Specifically, the Memory Stick PRO Duo? is preferable. It's made both by Sony? and SanDisk?, although it may be marketed (but not manufactured by) some other companies also.

There are many reasons why it's easy to understand why many Sony? Digital Cameras in this line are so popular and well-rated. The Sony? DSC-W170? offers great Image Stabilization. Image Stabilization is optical (usually considered preferable to electronic), and when combined with high Image Sensitivity (ISO) of 3200, blur associated with shaky hands and/or shooting in low light is minimized substantially. The 5X Optical Zoom is awesome. Optical zoom should not be compared with digital zoom. Digital zoom is often referred to as an artificial zoom, since resolution is normally degraded when it's used. Essentially, a camera crops the picture when digital zoom is used. You could do the same thing yourself using photo editing software, and probably more effectively. That's because when you do it yourself, you decide what portion of the image to crop, not the camera. While it may be easy to allow a camera to make the decision, the results may not be what you desired. Sony? uses proprietary technology to try to minimize this, with what they call their Smart Zoom? and Precision Digital Zoom features. Smart Zoom? is supposed to "intelligently 'crop into' the central portion of interest in your photo, helping avoid the image degradation of other digital zooms." Your best bet is to try to avoid using digital zoom, in my opinion. The maximum digital zoom available on Sony? DSC-W170? is 2X, anyway.

Another feature that is often underestimated in digital cameras is the quality of the lens. No matter how many features your point and shoot digital camera has, if the lens quality is not good, you simply won't be able to take very good pictures. Sony? uses Carl Zeiss lenses. Zeiss lenses are world-renounced for their excellence.

If I were to describe all the features of this camera in detail, it would take an awfully long time. I will list most of them, but before I do, let me mention a few more that I think are quite noteworthy:

MPEG Movie Recording (VX Fine Mode)

You can record movies (audio/video clips) at a rate of up to 30 frames per second in VGA resolution (640 x 480). Continuous shooting for up to approximately 10 minutes is possible. You do need to use a Memory Stick PRO Duo? to do this, which is one of the reasons I say that these are the best memory cards to use with the Camera.

High Definition TV Compatibility

The Sony? DSC-W170? Digital Camera can be connected to a High Definition TV, via either a HD connector cable or HD Cyber-shot Station? cradle (both sold separately, and not included). This allows you the convenience of watching the photos or movies you've shot from the convenience of your living room, den, or wherever your TV is located. Beyond your own convenience, this feature is also useful because it makes it easy to watch what you've shot with friends, and decide what images you want to share.

Resizing and Retouching FeaturesThe Sony? DSC-W170? Digital Camera offers a multitude of in-camera options that can be very useful. You can resize any picture to widescreen 16:9 (and 2 megapixels) for viewing on a HDTV. And, if you take widescreen 16:9 pictures, you'll be happy to know that they can now be shot with this Camera in resolution up to 7 megapixels (as opposed to 2 megapixels, which used to be standard). You can always resize a widescreen, high resolution 16:9 image (or any size picture, for that matter) to 4:3 in VGA resolution (640 x 480) if you want to send it via email to a friend or family member.

In addition to Red-eye correction, which is now very common among digital cameras, there are 10 different retouching functions that can be used to make your pictures more creative. One of them, called "Happy Face," can be used to add a smile to faces. You can even adjust the degree of the smile on a 1 to 5 scale.

Smile Shutter ModeSpeaking of smiles, Sony?'s proprietary Smile ShutterTM technology can detect and captures smiles as they occur. This feature was tested by the non-profit magazine alluded to above, and it was found that it worked very well on people. The feature can be used in conjunction with the Face Detection feature (that helps distinguish faces) to capture pictures of people at just the right moment.

Intelligent Scene Recognition Mode

Like most digital cameras, the Sony? DSC-W170? Digital Camera offers a variety of different scene modes -- 12 to be precise. But unlike other digital cameras, the Sony? DSC-W170? can be set to automatically determine what scene mode is most appropriate. You can set the Camera to take a single picture arbitrarily, or to take multiple pictures. The choices are always yours!

10.1 Megapixel Super HAD? CCD

The Sony? DSC-W170? Digital Camera uses Sony?'s advanced Super HAD? (Hole Accumulated Diode) CCD sensor design. The design is intended to allow more light to pass through each pixel, enabling increased sensitivity, reduced noise, and simply better pictures. CCD is an acronym for charge coupled device, and is one of two common sensors used by digital cameras.

Those are only some of the many features the Sony? DSC-W170? Digital Camera offers. Here is a list of others:

* Automatic Macro Shooting, for shooting extreme close-ups. This feature no longer has to be turned on to work, since it is detected through auto focus.

* 9-Point Auto Focus, allowing you to auto focus on subjects that may not be in the center of your screen.

* Wide Angle Lens (28 mm to 140mm) to capture as much of your scene as possible.

* Burst Mode -- in this mode you can fire off up to 100 shots at about 0.62 seconds in-between at any resolution.

* Simple Setup Controls, Easy Shooting Mode, and Function Guide, making it easy for anyone from beginner to expert to use the Camera.

* Optical Viewfinder -- This is just a regular, traditional viewfinder, and most digital cameras don't even have it anymore. It can be useful, though, particularly when you want to conserve battery life (the LCD screen uses a good deal of battery power).

* Stamina Battery Power -- The battery (NP-BG1) compatible with this Sony? Digital Camera is long lasting compared to others in different digital cameras. Sony ? Digital Cameras have been noted for this.

* 15 MB Internal Memory, for those times when you need to take a couple of pictures and don't have a memory card with you. (Note: some of this memory is used by the Camera for data management functions.)

* Easy Image Management, so that you can organize and filter your images easily.

* Photo Music / HD Slideshow -- You can create personalized slide shows with music, either by combining pre-programmed images and musical tracks stored in the camera, or by downloading music from a computer.

* BIONZ? image processor for speed and precision.

What's in the Box:

* Sony? DSC-W170? Digital Camera

* NP-BG1 rechargeable battery

* BC-CSG battery charger

* A/V and USB multi-connector cables

* Wrist strap

* Software CD-ROM, including Picture Motion Browser Software

In addition, you receive:

* Pictures Plus by Sunpak Model 1212 Compact Tripod

* Slim Camera Case

* Media Case

* Lens Cleaning Cloth

* Photo Frame

This is a terrific camera bundle. The Camera will be around for a while. This offer may not be. Although this listing is scheduled to last for three days, I reserve the right to modify or discontinue it at any time.

Shipping is completely FREE, via EMS Priority Mail, or a 2 day service from another carrier such as UPS, or Federal Express. Signature Confirmation and Insurance are both included at no additional charge. Shipment is from one to three Business Days after cleared payment is received. A Business Day is any day except for Saturday & Sunday . I reserve the right to ship to confirmed addresses only and/or to request additional information from any buyer.