bag snatch on Lordship Lane

Bit odd this one.

A handbag on the side of a buggy was slashed and a purse taken out through the hole, the person then went to Barclays and tried to take out ?190 with a card but was rumbled by a security question. The woman was described as wearing a beret and with thick make-up. It happened around White Stuff this afternoon.

This follows on from my cards being cloned by the Texaco folk this week and my car being ransacked last week.

Delete as appropriate:

a) It's all labour's fault.

b) East Dulwich has gone to the dogs and I'm getting out of London and running to the country where there's no crime.

c) We've had no crime for the 7 years we've been here so I guess it's our turn.

"wearing a beret and with thick make-up"...........if there is one thing guaranteed to get ones pecker up its decsriptions like this!:(...if a person or group of people have clearly seen the suspect,why is there not a fuller description,including Colour of skin and any other distinguishing features?..Either people are genuinely trying to give all of us the best possible chance of recognising the suspect or not.If not,seems a pretty pointless exercise,if so give us the shoe size,if possible.

Naturally do not want to adversely affect the (presumably) Womans 'Uman Rights,you get me,like..

As for: the Tongue-In-Cheek b) "East Dulwich has gone to the dogs and I'm getting out of London and running to the country where there's no crime".....its all about the SCALE of crime.There WAS a murder in The Orkney Islands recently(td),albeit the first one for 25 years(tu)....surely no-one is suggesting that the chances of innocently becoming a victim are equal in a random rural environment.It would be re-assuring to think that the crime in East Dulwich is so low that there will "only" be one murder within its environs in the next 25 years!(I know "one" is still too many)...

it was the bank teller who gave this description so it was a bit cursory.

And I'm with c) by the way.

If it's notable for anything it's the elaborate nature of the snatch, moing on from handbags lifts in the cafe. obviously they're using two people and with a plan to use the card immediately. i guess LL is more of a target now there's more apparent money in the area.