Police/dogs/van: what was happening last night on Abbotswood Road?

Lots of police, police tape, interviewing and police dogs scouring neighbouring streets for person/weapon?

Anyone know what had gone on? I heard lots of shouting about 7.30pm but presumed it was the noise from Duliwch Hamlet FC - police then arrived and cordoned the area off - they were there for a good hours...

A Turkish side in one of the early games had a player sent off, who then went and punched the ref. A side from another game who had had run ins with this team before confronted them as they were leaving the pitch and all hell broke loose. One of the Turkish got stabbed. Not sure what happened to him - dont think he is dead.

I too saw this directly outside of my house. Not sure what it was. At about 6pm there was about 4 policemen, some Community Support Officers and a young black lad who was very wound up. Another young lad showed up and then the black lad that was already with the police stood up and walked away. The police didn't look best pleased by this and started to follow him up the road. It looked to me like this was then the end of it. But obviously not if you saw stuff happening an hour later. How do you know it was regarding a weapon or a search? There was another lady on the scene who I recognise from living round here. May well ask her when I see her next!

I was there at the gym last night when it happened and I spoke to one of the bar staff about it. Jag is right, but it was a 7 aside match on the Astroturf and nothing to do with Dulwich Hamlet FC or any of their players. The guy was actually stabbed in the head with a screwdriver which sounds horrific but apparently he is OK.

I used to play over at the seven a side at Dulwich Hamlet. It could be a bit like the Wild West at times. I remember one team used to be in the toilets snorting Charlie before they went out to play their match. Just as well they don't have drug testing down there. I think some blokes just turn up there looking for trouble. I doubt it was 'H' the ref who got puched as he is a real hard case.

Charlottekb - I live on St Francis Road and at about 8ish/8.3pm there were two police officers searching the road, pavements etc with their sniffer dog having a good old smell around bushes, bins etc so I presumed they were looking for the scent of someone or maybe a weapon.

The police didn't all finally leave until 10 ish I think...great fun.