Hamlets Health Club...?

Hi folks,

I moved to East Dulwich around 3 months ago, and have to say how much I like the area. Lots of good pubs / restaurants, and seems a thoroughly decent place to live (especially compared to East Bristol where I used to reside...not good...!)

Anyway, I'm looking to join a gym in ED, and one that doesn't require me to sell a kidney to keep up with the monthly payments. I've scoured through the forums and read about people's experiences at various gyms, and ESPH sounds great...if out of my price range. Is anyone a member of the Hamlets Health Club, and if so, what's it like? How much does it cost to join / per month? Any other gyms worth looking into (preferably around ?40 - ?50 a month...looking to go after work / weekends).

Also, any musicians / photographers on here? Been writing / recording music for years (not professionally, unfortunately...) and recently got into photography. Would be good to hear from other like minded people.

Thanks a lot,

Dan

I'm a member of Hamlets, I joined a few weeks ago. I think it's great, it's about ?25/month and there is no joining fee. The gym isn't very fancy, but has all the usual machine's and weights. The people are really friendly too, and it doesn't seem to get very busy.

Prob worth dropping in, it's right next to the big Sainsbury's.

Nicky.

Hi Nicky,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated. I only noticed it was there last week while popping into Sainsbury's and wondered how much it was...I'm only looking to use the treadmill / rowing machine and free weights, so it sounds ideal (do they have free weights there?)

I'll pop in after work tonight and have a look.

Cheers,

Dan

Hi Alan,

Great idea - however, bit concerned that my girlfriend might find out, and then proceed to sever my testicles off with a rusty knife (she's threatened it, believe me...)

?150 sounds great, but then again, so does sitting on the couch eating chocolate cake and breaking wind. Hmmm, decisions, decisions...

Cheers...!

Dan