Mrs Robinson

uj64

Has anyone else had an unpleasant experience in Mrs Robinson? They do have some quite good stuff, but the 'customer relations' makes you feel like you are frankly just a little wanting in the style department to be frequenting their shop, and would you please go away and make way for someone whose appearance is more acceptable...we do like to keep up appearances after all...am I alone in this treatment??

Dear UJ64,

In my experience, Moo too and Mad Cow on Park Hall Road, can get the same the same stock, and are much more gracious. Maggie has accepted all manner of returned items from me, and she has been a complete star about everything, from coffee machines to clothing. It makes me commited to independent shop holders (Starbucks the exception...clearly).

The full-time staff, maybe managers or owners ? at Mrs Robinson are lovely! George is particularly great and has always been really helpful ordering stuff or letting us know when something we wanted but in a different colour has come in. I have to say that the weekend staff can be a bit clueless, i.e. you pick something up without a price, ask how much it is, they say "isn't there a price? oh, I'll find out", look slightly gormless and wander away ...

Have bought loads of stuff from there. They are always really helpful, have carried big bits of furniture to the car for me, and generally a great shopping experience. Only ever go in at weekends and haven't experienced "weekend staff" mentioned...

Agree with PD as per usual. George is an absolutely lovely chap, will give you good advice, and mairead and i go there simply for his life affirming hugs alone.

(god i'm sounding metrosexual this morning, seeing as i yesterday finished up supressing a rant that namechecked al qaeda, bader meinhoff, jackboots and splintered wood, (as huguenot will testify to) I must be in a better mood)

A fairly mixed experience then! Fron supercilious/ungracious (or less gracious than others) to lovely and really helpful, and lots of pats on the back for the rather famous George. It is very likely it was the weekend when I was there (several times) so I suppose I will have to put what I interpreted to be rudeness down to cluelessness!