Peckham Rye trashed again

I'd vote for two strikes and out, threes just seems too much. Any banning system should include not just the person or company that booked the pitch but also the named team. Otherwise a new 'booker' will be used each week n litter etc could still be left. Would also need someone to assess the pitch post match else how can it be said that Team A littered rather than a random group. Now I've typed this I don't think it's viable now no matter how good an idea. Oh well, a parkie with a litter picker it is then after matches, and the ignorant antisocial get away with it again. . .

Hi Unlurked, I prefer to be addressed as Renata rather than Hamvas!

I met a parks council officer and discussed the issue with him. There are a number of groups that use Peckham Rye Park on a regular basis. The officer told me that they were aware of the mess left on Sunday Evening and on this occasion it wasn't one of the regular groups who use the pitches, but an impromptu gathering of players who turned up and played. It's far more difficult to keep tabs of such situations. If this is repeated please let me know.

Renata

Sorry Ms Hamvas, not remotely good enough . . . speaking as the person who actually raised this issue . . .

These days there's a pervasive disingenuousness, not only from Southwark council, god knows, but anytime jane & joe public attempt to hold anyone to account. I call it 'Who's kidding Who' (or 'whom' for the expensively educated).

Well, on this occasion, I'm not kidded, nor will anyone else be who knows the Rye well. Last Sunday's garbage may or may not have come from an 'impromptu gathering' - that is not the point. Notoriously, sports groups, who must have booked with Southwark, have been leaving their crappola behind for years. Do others feel the situation has improved? I'd be very happy to have my impression corrected. Have parks officers taken steps to end this abuse? Let them say so clearly, through you if they wish.

So, sorry Ms Hamvas, this is a fob-off, no doubt one of many from a council officer to a councillor. You shouldn't be fooled by it. I'm not and I don't think other EDF participants will be. And really, why should a proper remedy rely on endless nagging from us? ("If this is repeated . . . ") You're there to see that THEY do what WE the people want and need, Ms H, not simply act as a conveyor for their baloney and excuses back to us. So thanks, sincerely, for responding, but you and Mr Barber really do need to push this somewhat harder and longer.

Lee Scoresby

Renata Hamvas Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Unlurked, I prefer to be addressed as Renata

> rather than Hamvas!

If I had been addressing you maybe I would have addressed as Renata Hamvas, but I was addressing the OP.

unlurked Wrote:

> Renata Hamvas Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Hi Unlurked, I prefer to be addressed as Renata

>

> > rather than Hamvas!

>

> If I had been addressing you maybe I would have

> addressed as Renata Hamvas, but I was addressing

> the OP.

You weren't speaking privately to the OP, you were posting on an open forum for everyone to read. So no harm in being polite to anyone you mention in passing.

Re: Peckham Rye trashed again

To:

lameduck

Date: 08/10/2013 08:21

Ok, I just wondered if you were someone without kids who doesn't know what they're talking about, or a @#$%& idiot.

Turns out you're a @#$%& idiot.

You would "kill" your child? Oh, it's just a term of phrase. Oh, you'd deserve the same fate. Oh, that makes it ok to say then.

Oh, you're such a wonderful parent, your kid has never, ever, ever done anything wrong. All other parents should bow down in praise of you and how you do things. Well, I hope as my daughter grows up, and the one my wife is pregnant with, they can be the paragon of virtue that your boy is. Because apparently he has never let you down, never done anything wrong, never made a mistake.

Except I somehow doubt that...

You @#$%& idiot.

In reply to [www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk]

lameduck Wrote:

I discussed the litter issue with a council officer again yesterday. The groups that were the cause of the issues have been contacted and reprimanded. As it's currently football season and there are therefore more matches and spectators, wire mesh baskets for litter are going to be put out by the pitches for rubbish (I don't know if this will be implemented for this Sunday). I will chase up again on Monday.

Renata

showboat Wrote:

> Wrote a reply, then decided, you're not worth it.

>

> Never argue on the Internet, and Lameduck, I can't

> be bothered with your type. You're not worth it.

>

> I'm going to leave the EDF for a while, folk like

> Lameduck bring out the worst on me.

Or perhaps show up your lack of self restraint?

Thanks once again Ms Hamvas for your further action, and for letting us know.

I am nothing but encouraged when positive outcomes, such as this, temper my more general scepticism about local governance, and about large organisations. As I have said, I know local councillors put in a helluva lot of work on what must often be thankless problems. And certainly, some councillor officers likewise try hard.

I guess my wider view here is that notice has been served to garbage chuckers - they're in the spotlight. So let's see how it goes. Keeping an eye open is the thing to do now, if you would kindly do likewise, Ms H.

I have some sense of regretting that other comments and squabbles have hitched a ride on this thread, but that is not uncommon; it's probably 'the way it is' on the EDF. Nor do I always express myself temperately.

Lee Scoresby

Renata Hamvas Wrote:

> I discussed the litter issue with a council

> officer again yesterday. The groups that were the

> cause of the issues have been contacted and

> reprimanded.

>

Good, except a few days ago it was 'an impromptu gathering' who nobody knew. Element of being fobbed off?

• 3 weeks later...
Unfortunately some people are bad eggs and have no respect. I wish it wasn't like that but it is. Ignorance, disrespect or just plain stupidness. I for one will not be cleaning up other peoples shit because they are ignorant to everyone else in the world.