heard anything from [email protected]?

Mark

There's a good government website (I think so anyway) for finding out which council department deals with which issue and providing contact details. However, a few times now I have emailed [email protected] about various issues (rubbish not being collected, recycling not being collected etc) and never heard back from them. Never ever. I have even phoned them and been told that someone will call me back but nothing. A courtesy reply would be lovely (and I don't mean an automated one).

Has anyone ever heard back from them or do my emails and phone calls just go into the virtual bin? Do they act on emails or just file them away to be dealt with later when they can be bothered?

• 1 month later...

Only just discovered this site so apologies for replying to such an old thread but I have a real bugbear about this, having also emailed several times and never once having received a reply. If they are not going to bother then why do they have the option 'yes I would like a reply on this issue'?!

I used to live in Wandsworth and can't believe the difference in the local council. In 7 years in Wandsworth we never once had a failed reclycing or rubbish delivery (and our collection was on a monday, including bank holidays!) and the few times we needed to contact the council they responded immediately and sorted the issue out. In 1 year in southwark we've already had one missed rubbish delivery and numerous missed recycling ones and not once a reply to my emails. Sigh. Also I dilligently fill in the slip each week to win ?1000 in the prize draw and attach it to my reclycling back and every week the recycling gets collected and they fail to pick up my entry.

I agree with the tardiness of refuse collection - they frequently forget our road due to admin errors and when we call on a friday to report (our collection day is thursday) they say they cant pick it up until Monday - by which time we have gone over the quota of our one bin and wont collect the rest.

However - i must say that i have never had any problems getting through to the phone number they provide on their website and that they are normally quite efficient once you get through.

Try 0207 525 2000 next time - you may have more joy!

I am surprised by other people's inability to get a reply from Environmental Services; I find that if you copy the local councillor, Lewis Robinson, on your message they tend to reply quite quickly. I had a dust-up, no pun intended, with them towards the end of last year over picking up rubbish on my road. They even took photos to prove they had done the work; the problem was with some privately owned gardens. The department who don't reply is Building Services who I emailed about the work going on at the Rockbank Hotel which I think is dangerous and I have not had a word of reply from them.

Hello everyone,

Do not waste your time with enviro services, best thing as already suggested is your local councillor HOWEVER if you email the following person ( they're both generic co-ordinator BUT very quick in replying and if you leave your phone number they will also call you...

Administrator here, the council have asked us to ammend the information below for the greater good so we will. Here's hoping they post on here with our best course of action to take if we require help...

[email protected] 0207 5255503 ( she is the best one for intial queries ) Nadine works in regeneration so please don't call her about environment services

[email protected] no such person

2 details removed "as it will only serve to waste their time and that of anyone calling them". The number to call is 020 7525 2000

Apologies for having to edit your post batdog

Hope this will help you...good luck...!!!

Wouldn't it be nice if our councillors didn't have to chase up Southwark council for us when they haven't performed basic tasks. Anyway thanks for the advice everyone, let's hope they don't miss a rubbish collection or there'll be a barrage of emails and phone calls for them to deal with ;-)