Old Pictures

jonsuissy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> any ideas on the "unknown"

That unknown pic has appeared here before, Macroban probably, think you'll find it's taken from the top of the old fire station looking down at the top of Court Lane where it joins Lordship Lane. Some great pics here Jonsuissy.

Now, if we could only get the shop/freehold owners on Lordship Lane to remove the rendering on their properties and restore the sweeping redbrick terrace from before the First World War; and persuade Southern Rail to reinstate the portico (is that the right word?) at East Dulwich Station ................

These are just fabulous, thanks for sharing them. Where did you get them?

You offered a CD which is really generous. I'd love to have a collection of them in higher quality (if available) as I might get some printed to put up on the wall.

The pics I posted are the highest res I have.

I get them by trawling the net occasionally (postcards on Ebay are a good source) and saving anything that I like (slight worry over copyright issues). This is why res is not so good, but I do love the idea of the lovely old Lordship Lane pic on my wall at home.

I've posted the best of what I have, the rest is similar or Dulwich Village but they are not tagged/organised/labelled/named.

My idea over a CD was just to copy them onto a blank CD, let someone come and pick it up, they copy it and pass it on in a similar fashion so one CD is circulating physically.

Jon