The new Hoxton?

forget all these so called artists who spend their lives n a urine stinking house sketching cutsie pix of cats to try and flog during open house week

Our hood seems to be on the uban art map . wicked. sick etc.

contemporary art rascal D*face has done a job on the Old Pharoahs ( sp ) pub on Peckham HIgh street.

http://www.dface.co.uk/upload_files/image/1214219673_Dface_D_Face_0177.jpg

D*face

ok as my last response got deleted.....so i will try to be a bit more grown up and less knee jerk or just jerk.

D'face accusses "It seems that inspiration for the Chapman Brothers' latest work pays more than a striking resemblance to mine. But it's just not as good and two years later. These are mainstream artists stealing from sub-cultural artists."

Response from the Chapmans "Drawing on money is as original as graffiti and that is as old as the Caves of Lascaux. It's not a great revelation to draw on money. It's not original. What's interesting is that because it's unoriginal, it's authorless......No one can claim ownership of it. It's strange for someone to claim authorship of graffiti which is by its very nature an avoidance of the notion of authorship,"

Tipperary Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> D*face and his family have recently moved to ED so

> hopefully we will see more of his work around the

> area

aha

that expains the D*face stickers appearing all over the place