Dulwich park permissions?

I've seen a few people put up tents, one was huge and outside the tennis courts by the ice cream van. Was a very busy, hot day and they seemed to be there for a long time. Maybe they turn a blind eye, as long as its not bothering anyone else. Can't imagine many would complain.

Edited to say many would complain rather than any, bad typing.

I would!

yes it's a public space but that doesn't mean you can hog a space that doesn't belong to you without prior consent from the park.

Could you imagine if everyone took that view and erected tents, gazebos or those silly glamping style tents for their own personal use on the same day? There wouldn't be any space for people and the view... well!

Contact the park and see what's what.

I totally agree with KK if we allow this whatever next ?

Folk will start laying out large squares of fabric to sit upon, even bringing in family members

to claim land rights. In the past I've seen these 'space hoggers' set out wooden sticks 22 yards

apart and run between them for hours which prevented me sitting in my favourite spot.

When I complained they started throwing a ball to intimidate me. This kind of anti-social behaviour

is a bad example for children, they gather in groups after school, marking out plots with piles of blazers and bags.

The words "slope" and "slippery" are causing a strange buzzing in my head!!

It's this type of unilateral declarations that led to all the problems in Pimlico.

Call the 'Parkie' before it's too late !!!

A few hours isn't that that bad is it? For the gazebo I mean. I don't think it would bother me unless blocking a major walking route or so large that you couldn't use the area too. It's a big park. I get what you're saying kk and the park ending up as a campsite would not be good, but I don't think a gazebo somewhere discreet would bother me.

People quite regularly have bunting strung around wire structures for children's parties in there and parts are often roped off for rounders matches, I doubt they get permission.

Just for the record, I'm far too lazy to do anything like the above myself. Watching is tiring enough.

Well that's told me!! A simple question and now I'm Dulwich's answer to 'swampy'. Surely by asking the question some of you could have reasonably assumed I was not oblivious to rules, regulations and etiquette and rather than just rock up and do as I pleased I have actually considered this.

I now fear even setting down a picnic blanket or two with friends to celebrate our sons birthday and 'hogging' any public park space that I clearly don't personally own will end up with my incarceration for crimes against freedom of use of a public space!

I agree that should the park be full of gazebos all on the same day it would be rather tricky to enjoy the area for anyone not invited to one of the events in said gazebos but if you knew how damn heavy and awkward even a small one is and would be to actually get from the car park to anywhere within the park you would understand its unlikely more than one antisocial group of individuals would try to erect one at any one time.

I shall break the news to my not quite one year old that his party will be al fresco, and a little disjointed as I will have to ask his friends and parents to spread around the park so as to not appear to be creating a 'gathering'.

I won't even ask the other question about caravans, fire pits and a bouncy castle !!

Louloulabelle

If you want a nice place for a party but decide against the gazebo, the trees in the centre of the American gardens are good for stringing bunting, people don't walk through much of it, there is shade if it's a hot day and enclosed but plenty of space. I've seen and been to many children's parties there.