Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• When our girls were young we took them to restaurants to inform them that there were certain establishments where children were permitted but they had to be on their best behaviour. It worked,  Now with their own children (when they were under 11 years) similar expectations re behaviour but colouring books. pencils, comic to ward off boredom. Have been to pubs with our 8 and 10 year old grandchildren but for meals during the afternoons. Would not dream of taking them in the evening.
    • I don’t understand why parents think it’s OK to let their children run around in pubs and restaurants, treat them like a crèche and get in the way of the staff trying to do their jobs.   It’s so selfish of them to allow this and it’s dangerous and unpleasant for the staff and other customers while they are carrying hot food and drink.  I once encountered a rampaging child in a busy ED dog friendly cafe who, on his travels around the cafe, decided to poke, prod and hurt my dog who was minding her own business under the table. I kept telling him to stop, explained that’s not how to treat an animal but he took no notice. I had to stand up in order to shout over to his father who had his back to the room/everyone while staring out of a window. Thankfully he removed himself and the child pdq but no apology was offered.     i also remember that Rose, who had Grace and Favour in Northcross Rd, telling me one of the reasons she stopped serving food there was because of the number of customers using it as a crèche.
    • Because it obviously was not a scam, and the subject quickly changed to the matter in hand, ie a leak.  I've contributed positively to the discussion but I am finding the title misleading,  It was put up in good faith, and perhaps time to change it.  Sensible suggestion?  If you didn't like what I said would have been easier to ignore it rather than get into a pointless argument.  
    • Did you have any luck with finding her owners?
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In