Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I didn't bother reading any further after this  He’d show me newspaper clippings from the war, describing how his unsuspecting pre-fab had survived the bombs dropped only inches away. 
    • Well, I don't know him but I guess like many others I've admired the garden and wondered about who lives there.  Now I know, it's a nice article, gentle and human.
    • Oh dear, I thought conspiracy theories were left to transport section Water companies by law have to manage drinking water resources and promote/deliver efficient use.  Water meters are one way of helping to achieve this.  We, like most on water meters, have saved money doing this.  Whist we use a bath, we do not water the grass and use grey water and water butts to water the plants.  We do not have a swimming pool, do have a water saving toilet, and whether we choose to flush it for number 1s is our business!  What's not to like?  Bills were compared before and after, before we switched.  The leak happened some time after we had switched and Thames Water not only replaced our lead pipe, to the boundary with the house, but discounted our bills to normal during the time of the leak No fan of the company, the wastage of water through the ageing system, illegal discharges of sewage, the continual big leaks and roadworks, the business model and the privatasation of this and the other utilities.  But there is no sinister dark arts/they are "they are trying to control you". Recommend some reading https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/cbp-7342/ 
    • The Horniman museum feels like a creche at times, parents chatting or looking at their phones allowing the kids to run around. I went to the Eden Project a few years ago and there were signs not to bother the species of birds that inhabit the ground in tropical areas, they are probably flightless. I saw a three or four your old chasing them, and foolishly told him to stop rather than tell the parents.  I got a how dare you tell our child what to do.  How dare you let your child run amok when there are signs telling you not to do this.  etc etc Oh dear I have turned into my father.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In