Ipad gone walkies but have tracked it

beansprout

8 hours ago, beansprout said:

Hi,

My ipad went walkiies on Friday - I have tracked it and know where it is..

Before I report it as stolen, would the person who has it, please contact me.

You have until 4pm today.

Thanks

I would live to know how this turns out. Feels very like the headmaster standing up in front of assembly saying "we know who did it, to save face come forward" without knowing who they really are. 

Good luck getting it back 

• Like 1

I would like to think I have a good heart - have tried all avenues that I can  think of..

Aside from causing massive inconvenience and being costly as well / took the charger as well, what makes no sense is it is literally a few feet from the church - hasn’t moved nor been used. Why take it away? Which ever way I be look at it,someone has stolen my property. End of.

Police aren’t interested - suggested I go and knock on the door. Not in this day and age…..

Have now asked on other media and sent a message to-my ipad which I am told by apple they can see would like it handed in to church  by noon on Monday. 

Ipad can't be used - also been told was an article recently saying after a few months they end up in China.

I also attend a church in West Dulwich - about 6 weeks ago, a-member of the congregation lost phone,bag,keys, etc… 

Shows what type of society we live in now.

Sorry to hear about your Ipad, Beansprout. Are you sure it isn't secreted under a bush in the front garden rather than inside the house? Someone might have put it there quickly to come back later?

Also, as it went missing from the church, could someone from the church mediate with their neighbour, especially if they use the church?

Edited by IlonaM
  • Like 1

Very sorry to hear this, Beansprout.

Could you try putting a note through the door, if you don't want to actually speak to the person, saying you know they have it and asking them to leave it in a specific place in the church, if that's where they stole it from?

I realise a message has been sent to the iPad, but they might not have seen it.

Edited to say: Crossed posts, good point IlonaM, and if that's the case the person in the house may be somewhat confused if they get a note, so definitely worth looking in the front garden first!

Edited by Sue